Feel the feelings Let them out, giveyour anxiety, your worry your darkest fears a voice. I thought I knew everything about my situation based on very limited conversations with two medical professionals. Trying to make sense of it all. "If it's making you nervous, you're doing it right." Childish Gambino. We are constantly moving, changing, curing, treating, and growing. 117. The secret to happiness at work I discovered in India, Career Inspiration: How Rebecca Found Her Purpose, Making a Career Change at 40: Taking a Spiritual Approach, The traps to avoid when you follow your purpose. Things I had been putting off are now being made a priority. In addition, she is a registered Certified Public Accountant. I listened to that inner guidance, not knowing 100% why but trusting the feeling. Laura Henry. Dont let that be you! They can build someone up or tear them down. Herbert Newton Casson. Youre going to pass this, and then we are going to wonder why you were panicking, 4. Serena Williams. "I heard that you are in the hospital. 1. It always seems impossible until its done. No explanation needed as to how or why, just an unwavering faith in whatever divine higher power you believe in. It attracts and keeps friends. Write your own. Leaving the breast cancer center, I managed to hold it together until I got home. When the time comes, go to the appointment and offer to drive home . As most of you would know I've spent the last 4-6 weeks waiting for test results. Waiting can add stress to an already uncertain situation. 13. 30. If You Want to Motivate Someone, Shut Up Already - Harvard Business Review Exams only test a very small percentage of what you know. 20. It had come to make me sit up and take note of my physical health, having focused all my energy until now on my mental and spiritual health. Eleanor Roosevelt, Related: Inspirational Quotes About Mental Health. 2022 Mighty Proud Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved. The word itself says "I'm possible!". Never throw out anyone." They might just be what that person needs to hear. O. Kay Svendsen. Give me the strength to understand what these anxieties of these medical tests mean for my life - whatever the outcome of them. 5. We tend to assume the worst as we wait for our test results. Doing nothing is a great way to change nothing! The only real support I got was from my tabby cat, Rajah. Oprah Winfrey. Admitting When your patient needs the hospital, or the ICU. By: Pretty Darn Cute Design. We have strong faith in you. It presented itself as a low-lying background anxiety for much of my adult life. Words Quotes. Faith can move mountains. It's scary to think that someone you care about might have an illness, but remember that the focus here should not be your feelings, but those of your friend. It's OK to help take your friend's mind off the situation at hand. Waiting to be seen by doctors. I knew that this had come to awaken me even further. Hold on, you have been working hard enough to become the best you can ever be. Rather than trying to put a brave face on or pretending that you are strong and brave, give this part of you an outlet. But there are ways to cope. Even if (especially if) you feel like doing them less. I believe in you! 105 Words of Encouragement for Kids (Various Situations) When the time comes, go to the appointment and offer to drive home after. 7. Watch out you dont miss the happy moments in life just because of test results. Get hand-picked resources and highlights from our Mighty community straight to your inbox. - Joseph Campbell. Talk it out to bring it down to size. Never say 'die'. Terms. 6. Remember that your feelings are normal. I can handle anything. I believe this is an important part of the process of managing your anxiety. I'm . Even if (especially if) you feel like doing them less. Demi Lovato. So many of my clients report a therapeutic benefit to showing up to a regular journaling practice. By staying conscious and transmuting our suffering into awakening, I believe that we can all become alchemists. Judy Garland. Earlier this year I had written ashort social media postabout the topic of equanimity the Buddhist idea of maintaining composure and anchoring ourselves deep within to a state of inner peace which remains during stressful or challenging times. Build the person's confidence explaining how great you know they'll do. "It doesnt matter how slow you go as long as you dont stop." "If you obey all the rules you miss all the fun." Katharine Hepburn. It seems to be almost an automatic reaction for many of us to revert to the worst-case scenario when we are considering an outcome such as waiting for test results. Waiting to hear back about a biopsy. You may also want to seek out affirmations from Subliminal Guru that you can listen to repeatedly to help you overcome anxiety and worry as you wait for your test results. . As I lie on the table in the procedure room two days later, tears of fear streamed down my face. Dont forget to take notice of how far you have come! Try to do something fun together to help take everyone's mind off of the matter at hand. Words of encouragement are also frequently seen on social media websites, for example Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and many others. To check in with ourselves and notice what our thoughts are focused on and what tension we may be holding in our bodies. But often times the cause is not as bad as our imagination makes it out to be. Connect with someone youve been wanting to connect with. A second chance to put life in a new perspective. You shouldnt be in any doubt, success comes to those who work for it and I know you did our best. 16. Waiting for Medical Test Results Prayer - Prayer Ideas You are so strong, and you are amazing for facing this with so much courage. 146. "Feelings of anxiety are natural and may not subside completely, but there are some things you can do to help you cope with these emotions, while you await your test results," Bell adds. When she decided that she was going to switch doctors during one long wait for her test results, she immediately felt better knowing that in the future, she would inform new doctors that her one requirement was a timely follow-up after test results. "Encourage yourself, believe in yourself, and love yourself. You can with my FREE new year digital workbook designed to help you powerfully release the year just gone and set your intention for the year ahead. "A champion is defined not by their wins but by how they can recover when they fall." Waiting to find out the final diagnosis. "The only person you are destined to become is the person you decide to be." ~Ralph Waldo Emerson. We feel like we should be able to know them. And where does our mind tend to go? Here, youll find their ideas to help you encourage your loved one. I focused on the 10% chance of what could be as opposed to the 90% chance. You are so kind! 47. (And if you dont have any practices, what better time to start one!). Waiting For Test Results: What Not To Say! "Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day in and day out." -Robert Collier. Practice being present For me, this represents the biggest opportunity from waiting for test results, and also the most instant form of relief to help manage your anxiety. Its the fearful Ego. She had spent one month worried out of her mind and making herself sick over a small cyst that went away shortly after she found out her test results. 2. Would you like your kids to join us? Things are going to start looking up soon. 120. But, short of being a doctor and having access to results, we simply dont always get that luxury. When that happens, something as simple as a few words of encouragement can be enough to put a smile back on our faces and remind us that things will eventually be better. And so, for the week which followed, I decided I needed to draw on my reserves and use this health challenge to strengthen me instead of taking me under. - Martin Luther King Jr. "The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.". We have included some encouraging quotes, inspiring words of courage, and funny messages about being brave that you can share with your family and friends. Lord, Jehovah, prayer for good test resultsGod of Healing, we come to you today, to lift up a dear one who needs You. This is a real game-changer. I heard the words as if the person who wrote them was speaking directly to me, You are a warrior, you are a warrior, you are a warrior Those words helped me calm down, although I cried throughout the whole procedure. Words of encouragement for a friend. Limit how much you look up online. My heart goes out to you. - Mark Twain. Keeping you close in my thoughts, today especially. Each time, I felt them sinking further into my mind and settling in my heart. A hug and a listening ear may seem simple, but can be a welcome show of support. 5. Talking with someone who has cancer. "In the middle of difficulty lies opportunity." There is such comfort and clarity to be found from quietening the mind and allowing higher guidance in. We want to do a biopsy, the nurse explained. Going to the doctor can be stressful. If you are in pain, and you normally work out during the day, you probably should skip the workout, but try to stick to your routine as closely as possible. Just try to be better than you were yesterday. Youre making a big change, and Im so proud of you! Adulting is hard, and sometimes we just cant help but feel like we are drowning in responsibilities, stress, and worry. I believe it had come to make me realise at a deeper level that we are meant to have both a spiritual and a human experience. Consider what you can do which feels nurturing or uplifting. Make it inspiring." Triaging When you're deciding where a patient should go. DO say, "It's okay not to be the perfect sick person.". Do you need help coming up with the right comforting words for hard times? All rights reserved. You could say, "I'm taking my kids to the park this afternoon. Instead of getting anxious about test results. If the news is good, take your friend out to celebrate, and remember that experiencing this kind of fear can be exhausting, even when things end well. At a time like this, dont even bother with a dish. As you wait for test results, you may get upset with how long you waited to seek help and worry that you let your issue go too long. 1. In this day and age, delayed gratification is not something we have to deal with often. Words of encouragement could also be in the form of a quote or maybe even a poem. You can go into emergency and get tests and test results much quicker than you can with your doctor. 8. I am so proud of you! Sometimes, positive words may be met with thats easy for you to say. If so, dont get defensive but simply listen. Always." Plus, sending them messages here and there can show that youre thinking about them and help them feel a little less alone. 59. Manage Settings For instance, you may want to eat better or go for daily walks to help you feel as if you are doing healthy things for yourself. As I wrote in my journal, at the bottom of the pre-printed page it said miracles are natural. "Waiting is not the problem, worry is," said Paula H. Finestone, PhD, a clinical psychologist at Fox Chase Cancer Center. Sending some good vibes and happy thoughts your way. Quotes To Live By. You may feel uneasy and apprehensive. Believe in yourself, because I believe in you! People become attached to their burdens sometimes more than the burdens are attached to them. Take it from me. I am now entering a period of healing. You're going to pass this, and then we are going to wonder why you were panicking. Higher doses of certain vitami Additional information about Dignity Health | 5 Questions Women Should Ask Their Primary Care Physician, Additional information about Dignity Health | How to Make Breastfeeding for Working Moms Easy, Additional information about Dignity Health | *, 5 Questions Women Should Ask Their Primary Care Physician, Breastfeeding for Working Moms: 5 Tips to Guide You, HIPAA Notice of Privacy Practices: California, HIPAA Notice of Privacy Practices: Arizona, HIPAA Notice of Privacy Practices: Nevada, Waiting-on-Test-Results-Be-There-for-a-Loved-One-or-Friend. The two polarities of life dancing together in one moment. Waiting For Test Results: What NOT To Say! - Kirsten and co Speaking with trusted friends and family members can help you get things off your chest. These inspiring words of encouragement come from a man who failed more than 1000 times before he finally found a way to create a light bulb. Funny Minion Memes. Last fall I was diagnosed with cancer again. Im so sorry youre going through this, but this too shall pass. What to Say to Someone Waiting for Test Results | CaringBridge It doesnt mean that you dont take action, just that you open up to the possibility of a turnaround, even if everything feels like it is pointing towards the worst case (as it was for me). 10 Ways to Reduce Anxiety While Waiting for Imaging Test Results. 25+ Things You Can Say Instead of 'Good Luck' | Cake Blog However, life can bring obstacles that stop us from seeing our loved ones face to face. 104. Words of encouragement for Nclex test takers - allnurses This is an article I wasnt expecting to write. 58. Mother Teresa, 148. I was filled with laughter and terror all at the same time. Research shows that encouragement cards are the latest trend and Hallmark reports 90 percent of customers want a wider selection to . 45. All things are difficult before they become easy. I could either tie myself up in knots for two days (which served no purpose) or I could enjoy the fun things I had planned and connect myself with the positive, higher vibration energy which I knew was more likely to bring about the result I wanted. In that moment, it may be helpful to share that youre here to listen if they want to talk through what theyre feeling. 62. Intensify your practicesWhether thats meditation, yoga, prayer, mindfulness or walks in nature. 126. But mostly you. And, with the tools I have shared with you, I feel equipped to maintain the equanimity which I have been so fascinated by this year. 105. "Your life is your message to the world. "You do not find the happy life. 13. "I am sending you warm regards, hoping you will get well soon." 3. You have a positive mindset that will help you successfully pass your exams. Her top favorite movies are The Little Mermaid, Aladdin and Mary Poppins.. 11. I believe this is an important part of the process of managing your anxiety. So too with your potential worst-case scenario. Its only natural to worry. The next chapter of your life is going to be so amazing. Worrying is a natural response to unsettling news. I got the call nobody wants from their doctor weve found something in your blood, you need to go for an urgent scan. Unknown. And, with the tools I have shared with you, I feel equipped to maintain the equanimity which I have been so fascinated by this year. Dreams don't work unless you do. You are a work in progress, which means you get there a little at a time, not all at once. 71. "Change your thoughts, and you change your world.". This is just a small sampling of ideas for helping someone through a tough time. 20 Encouraging Bible Scriptures on Waiting - What Christians Want To Know "You're going to be great in your new position. 5 Encouraging Quotations for Times When You're Struggling With Illness It took a few days for her to get back to me. Waiting for imaging test results can be a significant and stressful experience. There is light at the end of the tunnel. If you never try, youll never know. 9. 14. I want to thank you, Janet Varney, for giving me the precious gift of hope and faith through your words. KANO, I know its hard not to lose you faith. I Will Not Diagnosis Myself Through Google As I Wait For My Test Results, 6. It comes from what you do consistently. "You must do the thing you think you cannot do." If something serious happens while you are waiting for your test results, you can seek immediate emergency help. Phrases to use when someone is facing a hard decision. waiting for test results have brought you even the tiniest bit of hope or comfort. Confucius, 55. When offering to help, it's all too easy to shrug off the responsibility -- even when we ma y not mean to. I sent her a heartfelt thank you message. Theres no doubt in my mind that youll succeed in whatever path you choose next. From riven rocks and fern-clad chasms deep, Flow living waters as from hearts that weep, There in the afterglow soft dews distill, And angels tend God's plants when night falls still, And the Beloved passing by that way. Even if you cant visit your loved one in person, consider sending them a heartfelt text to encourage them during a tense time. 6. Get Well Wishes and Words of Encouragement - Holidappy 2. Some of our partners may process your data as a part of their legitimate business interest without asking for consent. 69. In many cases, people want to talk about anything but the upcoming test results, so don't be afraid to steer the conversation toward a favorite or lighter topic. 5. It matters what you are doing. The radiologist decided she also needed a breast ultrasound. Youre doing exactly what you should be doing. She lives with my tabby cat, Rajah. "With the new day comes new strength and new thoughts." ~Eleanor Roosevelt. A good story of this is when one woman went in for a mammogram because of some breast pain she was having. And in those first few weeks of motherhood, when it feels like you're feeding constantly, it certainly can be. And once I have the tests, I pray the time I have to wait for the results is short. This, too, shall pass. Every day may not be a good day, but there is something good in every day. Keep fighting! As I wrote in my journal, at the bottom of the pre-printed page it said miracles are natural. The eternal essence of who you are who knows what this is all about. 23. Of course, sending a quote or prayer may not be right for everyone. And to help you strengthen your connection to Source (in a way that can also be felt across all other areas of your life). Instead, a more helpful thing to say would be something like "I'll be here for you, no matter what the test results reveal.". 2. Once inside the privacy of my house, I broke down. A single, negative antigen test result does not rule out infection. "You don't drown by falling in the water; you drown by staying there.". Being brave doesnt mean youre not afraid. Do what you can." ~Arthur Ashe. God my Healer, as I'm awaiting the results of this lab work, I ask in the Name of Jesus that I receive a positive report. Well, at least not for myself! An inspirational video conversation with Bob Baker. Pictured above is Claire Schwab, whose story is part of the CaringBridge How We Heal Series. My heart was in my mouth and my stomach immediately churned. "No matter what youre going through, theres a light at the end of the tunnel." I am now making a new commitment to my physical wellbeing. Your email address will not be published. We often say, "call me if you need anything," but in reality, few will ever call to ask for that help. Instead, offer precise ways that you can be of assistance. But deep down I also had this knowing that this too shall pass and that there was a much bigger picture which was playing out here. Words of Encouragement for Stage Fright. encouragement: 1 n the act of giving hope or support to someone Synonyms: boost Types: morale booster , morale building anything that serves to increase morale Type of: aid , assist , assistance , help the activity of contributing to the fulfillment of a need or furtherance of an effort or purpose n the expression of approval and support . And then consciously choosing to change and release them. Despite thinking that your life would be over if the worst news was to be given to you, its part of human nature to deal with what comes. 5. I not trying to preach to you I just wanted to give you some words of wisdom. Waiting to get a 2nd and 3rd opinion. No explanation needed as to how or why, just an unwavering faith in whatever divine higher power you believe in. Focus their attention on past successes in exams and assignments to boost their confidence. This is what youre going through, not who you are. Just grab a spoon and start shoveling ice cream straight from the carton. 1. Psalm 27:14. Betsey Johnson. When the time is right, God will make it happen (Isaiah 60:22) Hope does not disappoint (Romans 5:5) Look and be amazed because God is doing something in your own day (your timing . Whether thats watching a whole box set on Netflix, having a lovely candlelit bath or listening to some of your favourite tunes. 15. 8. You have passed before and this time it wont be different. Even if things are as bad as you imagine, spending weeks making yourself sick over it is not going to help anything. And we can come up with some pretty good diagnoses in our minds as we are waiting for health test results. Instead of resisting what is happening to you, try practicing acceptance and surrender to what is. One woman had a doctor who consistently told her that she would call ASAP with the results but would never follow up on that promise. Moreover, sometimes a doctor needs to review results and compare them with other things and take some time to come to a conclusion. Waiting for that one text/call from the one you love. "The expert at anything was once a beginner."
Franklin Park Shooting, Barfly Palm Harbor Happy Hour, Articles W