For more information visit the Golf Galaxy website. I hope it works for Dicks/Golf Galaxy simply because they had the balls to try it. They are quality clubs for the beginner and experienced golfer. I played at a 5 handicap last season with these irons, I highly doubt something with a name brand on the back that cost 2x the price wouldve dropped my scores. I dont think there is a weakness in the club themselves. I liked them so well I bought the CB Silver Scots for my son who loves them as well. Tommy Armour 845s Silver Scot 8 Iron - NICE! a friend of mine is a local gun dealer who also plays golf. Apex 4 Steel NEW GRIPS. Thanks much guys. Sponsored. Unfortunately TA got it all wrong with these irons, Ive played the TA 845M Silverbacks for a couple of years now and I cant understand how they could produce this poor looking forged blade as their follow-up to the nice 845M. (Im about to buy sub70739s with Elevate 95 shafts because of my achy hands. I was proud of them from the day I bought them new (Around 2005? Has anyone played those? Tommy Armour Silver Scot Blades MEMBER REVIEWS: Takomo Golf Iron Testing! That includes $900.00 Titleist and Mizuno! As for the forged part? Also, as timing would have it, its arguably the hottest iron category in the market. You can post now and register later. These are easily as good as anything else out there, and the short heel/toe length with a thin top line makes them look like a nice player style at address. Price is a concern butt looking forward to trying them out. Other Web Sites in the ConsumerReview Network: mtbr.com | COBRA BIO CELL+ (9.5*)-MATRIX 8Q3 STIFF C $49.70. I play the original 845s with the tour step stiff shaft ,i want to try the new 845s they look awesome .be interesting to see the difference .i have 4 sets of the originals. I told him I already had these and explained why I sold them. I've played quite a few different sets in my life and this year, these stand out. Regards from Spain. STEAL THESE FROM ME! Personally Im getting tired of all the inflated pricing on the name brand golf clubs that provide very little (if any) advantage for the average golfer. They also produce a very high ball trajectory. But thats to be expected when you sell 660,000 sets over a seven-year period. :drinks: Just received my set from Rock Bottom Golf today with Rifle 6.0 shafts for $148 (($150 -10% discount with code + shipping). (C) Copyright 1996-2018. I've read some complaints on the stock grips, but I have had no issues with them. All had duct tape on and I tried to test them as blind as possible. Tommy Armour Silver Scot Cavity Back Forged - GolfWRX Mucho workability! Think ill take them to ebay for whatever i can get since there are only a couple there. Tommy Armour Golf Silver Scot Irons - golfreview.com Paste as plain text instead, See What Members Are Saying! They look beautiful!. The grips are junk and probably -1/16" from standard which is way too small for me; but,that's a minor fault since most like to change to a favorite grip anyway. Tommy Armour - Ralph Maltby Tommy Armour Women's 2021 845-MAX Hybrid/Irons. The 845 Forged ($999 for a set of eight) sits squarely in the Players Distance iron category. Want to sell them and get a fair value but everywhere I look they are very under valued. The GolfWorks is owned by Golf Galaxy and is utilized as a component supplier. I will go hit the clubs when I have a chance at our Golf Galaxy. Better hurry! No harm for me, as I am oversized and I end up changing out the stock grips anyway. My customers are really warming up to these irons. Hogan Apex+, Big Bertha Diablo, Cleveland TA6, Big Bertha X19's, KZG Custom cavity back forged iron set. No way are they a standard grip size. I was a 10 HCP last year with a moderate swing speed (Driver 90+mph). Chromed clubs ultimately flake and ding, these have a nice satin finish that cleans up well and keeps looking good. Go all the way to the bottom of the page and it has the specs. $499.98. These clubs have held up tremendously. Enjoy!!! golfreview.com and the ConsumerReview Network are business units of Invenda Corporation. The Tommy Armour 845 line for 2020 features a driver, fairway, and hybrid alongside three sets of irons and a series of milled putters. Now, I'm not into really soft, oversized, game improvement irons, so it's a matter of context, but they have a big sweet spot and the ball jumps off of the face nicely. [url="http://store.platinumgalleria.com/tommy-armour-golf-silver-scot-forged-tour-blade-iron-set.html"]http://store.platinumgalleria.com/tommy-are-iron-set.html[/url] Tommy Armour Golf Silver Scot Irons - Golfreview.com Not sure if the shaft was an upgrade or not. (C) Copyright 1996-2018. After playing the 845's for about 2 years, I started playing forged cavity-backed irons. Pasted as rich text. SirShanksAlot The original 845 Silver Scots are awesome irons. See What Members Are Saying! Performance is really similar, and for $400 less, its hard to pass up. They look good at address and have a reasonably thin top line. I've been wanting to blades again for a few years now after playing cast clubs for the past few years. photographyreview.com Cruise over to our Instagram and tell us your best TommyArmour845 story. Both the standard 845 and 845 Max are priced at $499 (steel) and $599 (graphite) for a set of seven clubs. I replaced it but it wasnt the same. If that explanation isnt satisfactory, consider that golfers can carry a maximum of 14 clubs. You just cant count on quality service there. Stump Removal. The overall look here is about as traditional as youre going to find a thin top line, thin sole, reduced offset, minimal graphics and a very clean look. I am a very high hitter and these irons really didn't have an impact on my trajectory, in fact I think I hit my long irons lower with them. I also snatched up a couple of new Mizuno MP-T forged wedges from Pro Shop Warehouse for only $59 each. This has really been a problem with my swing, I usually take a very nice divot and these low bounce clubs have been making me dig way too deep lately. The head itself sets up well, the top of the iron is slightly arched and this frames the ball well. The second is some iteration of a cup face. I saw a set of OLD TA blades yesterday, had TT shafts painted to look like wood and leather wrap grips ( completely shot), also a set of 845s, 2-P, plus S and 60* with R flex shafts. Im 63 and 58 years old now and dont have the back, power, or swing speed I used to have and these still work for my swing with a good tempo and under 100 club head speed. ), and still use today. I'm now getting more golf in and while my woods have changed, the problem with my game is not my 855's ; ) If you find a used set for yourself or someone you know who's getting into golf, they can take a player a long way. Tommy Armour Silver Golf Clubs for sale | eBay A cup face by any description has a lip that extends beyond the blunt part of the face and conjoins the crown or the sole. Tommy Armour Isn't What You Think | MyGolfSpy All Shafts & Components; Club Heads; Shafts; Shaft Sets; Grips; . Free shipping for many products! Want to turn asap so any info on them would be appreciated as always, Todd. But who is going to fit me at Dicks? carreview.com | Lower lofts are necessary tocombatthese two realities. View cart for details. Tommy Armour Forged Silver Scot Blades?? - GolfBuzz Tommy Armour Silver Scot Muscleback Iron Set 3-PW The Burner's are great, but I wanted to try something else. The ball absolutely launches off of them, though. Decent feel, good trajectory, enough spin. Very impressed with the shaft options. then I returned to the same always club selection, and all was ok, Ive not lost distance, and the feeling hitting the ball is completely different with this clubs. Only thing is that the grips which are kind of on the thin side but can be easily swapped for something better. The only thing that I didn't like is that they are so light (C9-D1 and I prefer D3) but some lead tape took care of that. If you are up in the air about blades, you will never have a better opportunity to get into a set for this price. This is NOT the original Tommy Armour golf company. My current gamers (Mizuno Hot Metals and Hogan Ft. Worth Blacks) are objectively far superior clubs to either the Wilsons or the old TA 845s. Sound is a factor that influences feel, but its not the whole thing. You got yourself a FINE set of sticks there!!! A very solid feeling clubhead, even on slight mis-hits. SirShanksAlot - eBay Money Back Guarantee - opens in a new window or tab, PGA Tommy Armour Silver Scot Forged Blade # 8 Iron, - for PayPal Credit, opens in a new window or tab, Report this item - opens in new window or tab, Left Hand Ben Hogan BH-5 Offset 8 Iron Apex 3 Steel Shaft BH5 (#291796324104), MacGregor Jack Nicklaus CG 1800 # 5 Iron Original Regular Graphite (#291058995507), Callaway Ladies Big Bertha Sand Wedge Original Graphite Shaft (#293968140805). Kumabjorn, No you have not been screwed. These were not as popular as the 845s, but I have really enjoyed them. beautiful draw to flighted over 5m past the green. They sold BeCu versions of the 845. As of 02/18/08 they are still in stock at Pro Shop Warehouse in the Left handed model with Rifle at 5.0 and 6.0. Tommy Armour 845s Silver Scot 48* Pitching Wedge. Just wanted to share my story about these, had to rant because they ARE THAT NICE!!! Tommy Armour Silver Scot Tour Blade Review - SirShanksAlot.com Dicks, you had one job for cryin out loud. $224.99 . What a shame2006 they came out with the Silver Scot series(CB and MB) and now its all gimmicks and inner tubes. Let me just add that I have the complete set of original clubs, including driver and woods. PGA Tommy Armour Silver Scot Forged Blade # 7 Iron | eBay Sure theyre not a buttery soft blade, but my goodness do these things go a long way and feel great to boot. Always felt very confident and powerful with these clubs. Dicks discounts their Tommy Armour clubs faster and deeper than any other OEMs. I started at 14, with rental clubs (7 mixed clubs in an old bag) at a little 9-hole track with sand greens. I regripped them with Winn Excel XF wraps over the week end and had them out again on Wednesday. They are sold out of the right handed sets. Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for Founders Club Tour CB II Forged Iron Heads, 3-P at the best online prices at eBay! *This content is backed by the MyGolfSpy Integrity in Advertising Promise. I wont be ponying up for the forged as my game took a nose-dive last year, and Im counting on the current set of Cobra F-Max Superlites to prop me back up. Lets first get some things out of the way these irons arent going to go and compete with a Mizuno or Miura forging. The only difference is the price tag and your swing. Im in the market for new irons. I notice you are # deg flat. Im sure they play fine for the segment they are intended to target. [quote name='LBlack14' post='842882' date='Dec 30 2007, 11:21 PM']Kumabjorn, No you have not been screwed. I haven't played golf in probably 5 to 7 years. Mine just arrived - they are definitely on the short and flat side, which is fine by me. for each club. Something went wrong while trying to load the full version of this site. Quick view Add to Cart. Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for TOMMY ARMOUR Tommy Armor model unknown putter 35 inch steel shaft at the best online prices at eBay! R300 with brand new red/black multi compound grips tricky, welcome to the forum. A small bucket of swings indoors in the middle of winter is a limited sample size, no doubt. I ended up liking them enough that they got the majority of my play. 12 Handicap Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. I tried to support the brand but it just doesnt make sense at this point. I have always wanted a set of blades but really didn't want to spent $800+ on a set of irons, only to find them hard hit or that I didn't like them. The silver scot clubheads are slightly bigger than the MP-14 heads and the face thickness is thinner. As you can tell by my sig, I'm an Armour fan. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Not major problems but there are still some areas for improvement. So unfortunately I got rid of them and played the Burner 1.0's. Tommy Armour Forged Silver Scot Blades?? I have more distance than with my old clubs right out of the box. Top line is thin - it is a pretty club. I know the TA Line was underrated. Saw these offered for around $150 free shipping and thought I'd give them a try before I spent $1000 or more on Mizuno or Miura. Tommy Armour V-31 Gauge Design RC1 Bridgestone J33 Traditional TR 1 EPON Technica Pro 1 Cleveland TA1 Mizuno MP-32 Precept Pro Model Mizuno MP-14 PowerBilt Scotch Blade TaylorMade 300 Forged Mizuno MP-67 TaylorMade MB Forged Mizuno MP-33 Cleveland Tour Action 588 Titleist 660 Forged Vega 50th Anniversary The best value for the money. Just happened acrossed this thread and can add my 2 cents; bought the TA Silver Scot MB blades 6.0 Rifles, on a impulse buy for $110, and would have paid much more, if I had it to do over again, after the first time out with them. MacGregor introduced the Tommy Armour Silver Scot Tourney in the 1940s, predating the Tommy Armour company by nearly40 years. New Tommy Armour Forged Blade Silver Scot 60 Lob Wedge. By using this form you agree with the storage and handling of your data by this website. I could not believe the feeling when the ball came off the face! My only criticism would be on the grips which felt sort of greasy which I'm replacing with Lamkin Tour Black All Cords. Forget the fact that you can get these FORGED irons on Ebay for under $200. I should have got these five years ago. I cant get them out of my mind. Being someone who has improves his game recently, a move from a game improvement iron to a players distance iron makes sense, the launch of the 845 Forged really intrigues me. Year 2020; Brand . I just played my second round with my TA Blades. For you RIGHT HANDERS out there, Rock Bottonm golf has the T/A Forged Muscle Back Gap wedge in a wedge flex for only 29.99. I tried a few others companies (mizuno, Hogan, Callaway, etc.) As you can tell from the spec. Well Yea! I am quite happy with my bag now. I especially appreciate knowing who makes these , and what other brands they produce. I don't have many complaints for my Hogans, but finding a set of forged blades for $79 is too good to be true! | audioreview.com, Moderate offset helps square face at impact, Stainless steel construction provides long lasting durability, Maximum perimeter weighting creates larger sweet spot. They are also swigweighted to C9!!! With old age and a slower swing, I found a fine set of 855s in regular steel, having only to regrip and adjust the lie up (I'm 6'2"). Tommy Armour could have gone with a more traditional single-piece forged CB/MB but the 845 Forged is already a niche release and DICKs didnt want to further limit the target market. Nostalgia can make people more optimistic and inspired about the future. Don't be intimidated by the claim of high launch angle. The guy from canoes or the guy that sells rifles? Just impulsed these on ebay for $79 (LH). You can bend these clubs around the moon if ya have to. The PW is 47 degrees. photographyreview.com Regular $269.99 or Best Offer +$38.10 shipping 12 watchers Sponsored You are the ones that talk about the importance of getting fit and I agree with that. NOW AVAILABLE: GolfWRX G/Fore Hats and Holderness & Bourne Polos! Tommy Armour Golf 855 Silver Scot Irons - Golfreview.com Period. Thats true with single-piece forged irons like traditional muscle-backs. They also come in cavity back. Well I don't think I'm gonna rush out and spend the money on anything else. First round I played with them, I shot a 76 (I have not done that for nearly 20 years). Something went wrong. Can't recall if they had the blades. They were really fantastic BUT I was very disappointed to hear they were so limited in quantity and would cost $1,000 a set with only 3 shaft options (none of which fit me). Overall, I think the TA line has been underrated since Dicks brought it back. I am intrigued by the niche marketing technique they are attempting to execute. No doubt, fitting is important. Go ahead and spend the $Gazillion bucks for the other ones that won't help you hit the side of a barn. i switched to the 855's and have been loving and useing them for 2 years now. Top three feeling and performing iron and when you factor the cost it makes for the most underrated iron out there. I have two degrees; one in chemical technology, and one in pre-medical/psychology. Tommy Armour Silver Scot 845 irons. That said, one way to establish brand credibility is by temporarily removing external packaging to focus on the characteristics that directly impact performance. My first set of clubs (in college) were Wilson Staff. The same ingredients dont necessarily guarantee the same cake. Came across a 5-Gw 7 club set of these with the blue insignia that was barely played and sat for years, grips and shafts are like new, Mid Launch 6.0 rifles with all the perfect labels. Both readers and customers agree that these arent the softest irons around but they are a solid iron for the price. Great club for anyone who wants consistency and the ability to try the big shots when necessary. After buying these I am happy to say that I regained the yardage lost over the years (about 10 yards) and consistancy in distance which I attribute mostly to the Rifle shafts. practice. It compares well to clubs like TaylorMade p790, and Callaway Apex.
Steve And Terry Andrianos, Fake Social To Get Apartment, Articles T