The Rock River Arms BT-3 is a .308 modern sporting rifle, featuring Rock River Arms billet upper and lower receivers, fluted 20-inch cryogenically treated stainless-steel barrel, Rock River Arms .308 A2 flash hider, Magpul PRS stock, Hogue rubber over-molded grip, new lightweight M-LOK compatible 17-inch aluminum floated handguard with MS1913 top A few other features that lend the LAR-15M to hunting include the winter trigger guard, making the trigger more accessible when wearing cold-weather gloves; the Operator CAR stock, with its generous cheek weld and length-of-pull adjustability to accommodate clothing layers; and the overmolded A2 grip. With this in mind, we went to LaRue Tactical (www.laruetactical.com) for the exceptional LT104 30mm QD Lever Mount, $195. Several years ago, I was visiting with a good friend of mine when the discussion turned to the guns he carried on duty.. We were somewhat constrained in our ammo choices due to a lack of enough rounds of ammo to run our tests properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. The included magazine, which is specific to the .350 Legend, boasts a 10-round capacity. The Wylde chamber and tight freebore prevent that from occurring. Given that the .350 Legend cartridge is intended for hunting applications out to 250 yards, the LAR-15M is ideally suited to the task. document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Gun shoots better than I do because for 5 I just to an inch and know it is me. We chose this lefty model to balance the group, assuming left-handed shooters would prefer a gun set up for them. Rob has a troublesome habit of pulling guns and things apart to see how they work; occasionally, he manages to get them back together With its plug-n-play simplicity, environmentally adaptive technology, and low-profile desi. Every rifle is hand-built with precision in mind, and this definitely shows in the quality of their products. twist Overall Length: 36 in. Remington's Nylon 66 semi-automatic .22 LR rifles have grown from 1950s bargain buys to 21st century collectors darlings. SIG Sauer P322 Rimfire Pistol: First Look, Non-Lethal Personal & Home Defense with Byrna, Range Tested: EAA Girsan Pistols & Shotguns, New for 2023: Christensen Arms Modern Hunting Rifle (MHR), New for 2023: All-American RIA 5.0 Sporting Pistol, New for 2023: FN Rush 9Ti Pistol Suppressor, New Big Bore Pistols for 2023: FN 510 Tactical and FN 545 Tactical, New for 2023: FN SCAR 15P Rifle Caliber Pistol, First Look: Taurus Raging Hunter 460 Magnum Revolver With 10.5-Inch Barrel, New-for-2023 Taurus Judge Executive Grade 410/.45 Colt Revolver, Smith & Wesson Equalizer and the Brand New M&P 5.7 Pistol. People appreciate the quality of their products and the fact that they offer a lifetime warranty. Rock River Arms sent me a 6.5 Creedmoor rifle with a tan stock and 24-inch barrel for testing. Overall, the reviews are positive. The Rock River Star selector makes that process more intuitive and does it without the expense of purchasing an ambidextrous switch. The Standard Operator has a 20-inch, cryo-treated chrome-moly barrel. Newer models are sporting a more robust Hogue grip. Several have stepped up to the .350 Legend plate, and one of the most recent is Rock River Arms. Rock River Arms ATH V2Type: Gas operated, direct impingement, semiautomaticCartridge: .223 WyldeCapacity: 20 or 30 rds.Barrel: 18 in., 1:8-in. The new 9mm suppressor can mount easily to any pistol barrel threaded x28 inches and doesn't compromise on sound suppression, gas blowback or recoil. Interestingly, Bushmasters directions require barrel cleaning after every 20 rounds, for the first 60 rounds, to ensure proper break-in. Rock River goes the extra steps of cryogenically treating the barrel to relieve stressan accuracy robbing characteristicand then lapping each barrel before shipping to the customer. models. This rifle is fed by a 10-round AICS-pattern detachable box magazine. About the only thing someone might complain about is having to wait for a few weeks to get a custom gun they order. Shot it for the first time today. JBoomhauer Gunny Sergeant. Rock River warned us that the guns upper and lower fit tightly together, and that was indeed the case, requiring some extra force even with the supplied tool. Take any AR with this trigger and watch what happens to the crosshairs of a magnified optic during dry fire. Leupold's new Freedom RDS Black, i.e., "red-dot sight," is shown on Rock River's LAR-15LH pistol. Gun Review: Rock River Arms LAR-8 Elite Operator - Gun Digest The trigger is an RRA two-stage unit that was very crisp and predictable. When I dress Western, nothing beats the classic good looks of my Smith & Wesson (S&W) 586 .357 revolver. twist, stainless steelOverall Length: 36.5 in.Weight: 7 lbs., 14 oz.Stock: Rock River Operator A2Grip: Ergo SuregripLength of Pull: 13.5 in.Finish: Type III, hard coat, anodizedTrigger: RRA MatchSights: Adjustable, flip-upSafety: Selector, two positionMSRP: $1,370Manufacturer: Rock River Arms,309-792-5780, rockriverarms.com. We found it an excellent choice for extreme accuracy testing, plus it was a designated tornado shelter to boot. In particular, they liked the Magpul stock, side-charging handle, and target handle. Some reviewers have had negative experiences, but this is rare. Are Rock River Arms worth the money? Having shot both cartridges in AR platform rifles, we must agree. 2023 Outdoor Sportsman Group. As young hunters, those were the rifles we aspired to own as soon as our apprenticeship time was up working with the hand-me-down lever actions. So got a brand new Rock River Arms Predator Pursuit in .223. Generally, Rock River makes good rifles and pistols. The hammer in Rock Rivers trigger moves most of the mass to a location much closer to the trigger pin. AR Accuracy with 7.62x39 mm | An Official Journal Of The NRA Rock River Arms uses barrels from a variety of manufacturers, including FN, Criterion, and Wilson. Its balance and weight will suit both the bench blaster and the predator hunter. Rock River Arms also offers a lifetime warranty on their products, which is another reason why they are considered to be high end. Additionally, RRA offers a lifetime warranty on their rifles. Here are the features to watch out for. While you might not associate the AK-47's cartridge with accuracy, out of an AR-15 the 7.62x39 mm can produce tiny groups. Its much easier to shoot with this trigger than with a standard variant. At those temperatures, the molecules align with their neighbors. Overall, Rock River Arms rifles are known for being high quality and reliable. There are several candidates that also would have worked from other manufacturers such as DPMS, Bushmaster, Armalite and others, but we had to pick one and wanted to see if RRA's reputation would hold up. Rock River Arms Basic Limited 1911 Review - Firearms News Fluted Stainless Steel Bead Blasted Fluted Stainless: +$35.00. Need Help?service@guns.comCall (866)582-4867, PO Box 1131 13800 Nicollet Blvd Burnsville, MN 55337 2023Guns.com. Firearms dont get much more iconic than John Moses Brownings legendary Auto-5 semi-auto shotgun, affectionately called the Humpback for its distinctive drop at the rear of the receiver. While they may be on the higher end price-wise, many feel that they are worth the investment. For me, all cases extracted and landed at about 4 oclock relative to the muzzle. Rock River LAR-15LH Pistol: Full Review - Guns and Ammo Spent a whole lot of time lurking, listening, and learning on this forum - I know that my knowledge does not offer much compared to most posting on this site. Several high-quality triggers exist today that will hold up under the harshest conditions yet allow for more accuracy and faster follow-up shots. Theyve managed this because they make excellent guns. Rock River Arms All Terrain Hunter (ATH) Semi-Auto Hunting Rifle: New I settled in on a steady concrete bench and set up my Caldwell The Rock rest. So, if youre looking for a cheap AR-15, Rock River Arms probably isnt the best option. He has also authored and co-authored several DIY gun building books. Accurate. A Cold War era classic with smooth lines, a legendary back story, and an exotic-sounding name, Beretta's Model 71 was definitely a mouse that roared. Accuracy: 1 MOA @ 100 yards Included: One magazine, RRA Case, Manual, Warranty MSRP: $1,480 www.rockriverarms.com. In 2003 they got a big government contract to supply the Drug Enforcement Administration with a bunch of AR-15 style guns. The pistol grip is a Hogue rubber unit and the synthetic buttstock is a fixed Rock River Arms Operator A2 stock. The 18-inch barrel that Rock River chose to install has a 1:8-inch twist and features a mid-length gas system. The second part of our testing took place under blue skies at the Arlington Sportsmans Club, one the largest private gun clubs in Texas with over 1300 members and offering a full range of shooting opportunities (www.arlingtonsportsman.com). RRA offers two AR-platform rifles chambered in .350 Legendblack phosphate or stainless-steel barrels. Kenau and Ripperda Monument - Tripadvisor However, I always thought they were a good platform, but I was more than a bit intimidated by the myriad options, terms and manufacturers. They offer a variety of barrel lengths and profiles to choose from, so you can find the perfect one for your needs. Aside from being a superb cartridge for deer, hogs, and bear, the .350 Legend and rifles so-chambered, such as the Rock River Arms LAR-15M, may be among the few firearm/ammo matchups in stock this seasonat least for the next month or so. Still, the balance of the gun kept it from receiving our highest mark. Perhaps the greatest praise was directed toward the side-cocking mechanism. The RRA ATH comes with an. Keep in mind that, although I dont shoot a lot of long guns, Im a professional firearms photographer and I recognize quality and attention to detail when I see it. Our advicemake your decision and your move now. Billed as the LAR-15M, these rifles are familiar RRA fare, featuring the companys forged A4 upper and multi-caliber lower receivers, 13-inch extended free-float handguard, Operator CAR stock, and two-stage trigger. VMAX ($40/50). I already knew that I didnt want to shoot bulls-eyes at 25 yards with a 100-yard zero in mind, so I made some minor adjustments and ran the target to the 100-yard mark. One of my Ballistics By The Inch buddies is very knowledgeable about ARs. The safety lever also sported a rounded knurled knob for easy activation. The match grade trigger (what RRA calls their two-stage) was very smooth and crisp. This is not due to any sort of apathy or ingratitude, but more a result of limited perspective. The crosshairs bounce all over the place. Save my name and email to use for future comments. If that gas tube moves when the bolt carrier comes forward, the carrier key is hitting the gas tube. The Magpul PRS Stock is one of the best stocks in the market for any precision rifle build; it was easy to set up and, after being set up, nothing moves and it retains its settings after a long day of shooting. Rock River Arms guarantees this pistol will shoot 2.5-inch groups at 50 yards with 185-grain Federal Gold Medal Match semi-wadcutter ammo. Ammunition for the .350 Legend was available, but he couldnt find anything for his .270. Rock River Arms Reviews: The Best AR-15 Manufacturer? - YESTACTICAL The best grouping in testing at 100 yards was .935 inch with 155-grain Hornady TAP Precision. The ATH V2 will continue that proud tradition. Rock River Arms Standard A2 (.223 / 5.56) 20" Barrel The Smith flash hider worked very well and the 1:10 twist ratio seemed perfect for the 165-grain Hornady TAP ammo. So, when I was tasked to review the new Rock River Arms BT-3 .308 Modern Sporting Rifle, I decided to meet the challenge head-on. Rounding out the features were a Krieger heavy 1:13-twist barrel ($390) and a Geissele adjustable two-stage trigger ($200). The Assault Weapons Ban had sunset and I wanted a really nice AR. While the location and function of the trigger is identical to what Stoner and Sullivan originally specified, Rock River includes a two-stage trigger of their design, which is superior to the standard semiautomatic trigger found in most ARs. Here, deer hunters were often restricted to using shotguns, muzzleloaders, or handguns chambered for straight-wall pistol cartridges. No other stainless barrel options are offered, although Bushmaster does have a 4150 chrome-moly vanadium steel version of this gun called the Bushmaster Varminter. The other competitors were already lapped in at the factory, and required no such break-in. All Rights Reserved. There are a lot of opinions out there, but when it comes to accuracy, the Rock River Arms AR-15 is often lauded as one of the best. Less obvious and more vexing, the FAL wont work with an AR-10-style bolt stop. Lots of groups under an inch. These guns can quickly become complex, so I greatly appreciated the furniture being so user-friendly. But the Rock River Arms guns have a very solid reputation for reliability. Get 12 Issues a year of the country's best firearms writing. I shot this rifle within my skill level, and I think I shot it well. The accuracy increase gained by this hammer profile makes every other hammer shape irrelevant. However, we can say that Rock River Arms is a great option if you are looking for a high-quality AR-15. One of the things that makes the Rock River Arms so accurate is its attention to detail and craftsmanship. Select Grip. Meet the all-new Taurus Judge Executive Grade, a revolver featuring a hand-polished satin finish, presentation-grade wood grips, a brass rod front sight and an exceptional hand-tuned trigger. Accurate to 1 MOA, or about one-inch at 100 yards. This rifle also has an RRA TRO-XL extended free float rail handguard and an accuracy of 3/4 MOA at 100 Yards. Get the 76th edition of the World's Greatest Gun Book. At the time, both AR-10 and SR-25 magazines were scarce and expensive, so Rock River designed its own AR-10-style rifle around a more abundant and affordable magazine. At 100 yards, my groups were a bit to the right, but I was just looking for groups so I didnt touch the scope. Even with only 16 inches of launch, the .223's velocity averages 2900-3000 fps. When the carrier key hits the gas tube, that disturbance travels down the tube and into the barrel. Premium AR-15 Manufacturer Jumps into the Entry-Level Game: Rock River Unlock the Benefits of Knowing Your Winchester Serial Number, Complete Buyers Guide to the Sig Sauer P228. We spent the better part of two days recording data in what Bass Pro employees affectionately call the Dungeon. Our time there also allowed us to schedule testers to come in and fire away, including a young lady who broke away from her teachers job to school us, by posting the second best group of 0.49 inch in our tests.
Brisbane Music Festival 2022, Weird Laws In Chile, How To Fix Your Ph Balance Overnight, Revere Police Chief, Dead Body Found In Jacksonville Fl Today, Articles R