Pvt. Passenger Lists 1845 - 1940 | State Records of South Australia Arthur Harmon, No. Most of them are small farmers, who intend settling upon the lands of tthe South Australian Company. During the first decades of the 20th century, the . He was a member of the Elks F.O.E, and the Travelerers Protective Association. Phone: (902)-569-2333 and (902)-894-9885 The following 4 vessels, the Alexander, Jane, Lucy, and British Queen were all associated with the migration of Scots Catholics from Clanranald's Estates! The ship Alfred, 635 tons, H. E. Decker, commander, from Hamburgh 20th August, and Rio 17th October, arrived last evening, with 275 passengers, chiefly from Silisea and Saxony. Locally he was known as 'Charley'. General MB Stewart arrived at the port of New York from Bremenhaven on 22 Feb 1952 - two manifest pages have been transcribed partial passenger list. He enlisted into the Regular Army at Columbus Barracks, Ohio on 7 August 1918 at the age of 20 years 8 months old. Notes. Orient Line - R.M.S. Ormonde 1917 to 1952 - Page Two Horn would have joined the 57th Artillery as a replacement late in the war. Sea Captains Biographical Sketches - Gjenvick "7h:100c:95f" was written by Kevin Rodriguez and Lauren Shippen. His parents, Mr. and Mrs. John Geiger of 527 Lawrence street received official word last evening and his mother is grief stricken as there existed between them a remarkably deep feeling of affection. However, often you will need to view both card and list, as sea departure cards usually do not contain details of destination, although they do have the date and departure port, meaning that you should be able to tell if a card relates to the same voyage as a passenger list found in your search. Washington, Seattle Passenger Lists, 1890-1957 - Findmypast Commanders of Trans-Atlantic Steamships - 1894. From the Obituary section of The Allentown Morning Call, in Allentown, Pennsylvania: Private John C. Geiger, up to the time of enlistment last August, employed by the Lehigh Portland Cement Company as their travelling freightagent, perished on the transport Otranto when in a collision off the Irish Coast she was beached and battered to pieces causing a loss of over 200 soldiers, Private Geiger was 33 years of age, and was known by all as a good fellow, genial, always wearing a smile and ready to do a good turn for anyone. Strong enough that one had to hold on to something to keep from being blown over. I am sure if he was lost you will hear it from Washington before you get this letter. Year Title Description Download ; 1926 : Hatarana : 232/1926 - Hatarana : PDF: 1926 : Mongolia Route: Bremen to New York via Southampton and Cherbourg. Please ensure the tag is appropriate for the record. Find out where they were going and where they were coming from, where they called home as well as their age, occupation and whether they were married or single. Who First name (s) Name variants Last name Name variants He is survived by his parents and one brother, Cornelius of 132 South Hall street. Passenger List Radiotopia River ports on such navigable rivers as the Amazon and the Yukon mean that, for example, inland locations such as Manaus (Brazil) and Dawson City (Canada) are included. I cannot learn anything about him here, and I cannot get out of the hospital yet to search for him. Passenger lists are not always clear or precise as to their exact routes and any ports of call on their way to their final destination. I was quite seasick for four days and nights, but I overcame that and felt good, although I would have been very glad to have seen land. L. Baldry contacted me about his grandfather, Francis Edwin Turner who was a crewman on the HMS Otranto. The dead were buried with military honors in a cemetery in Kilchoman on Islay. Pvt. In theory if not in practice, there are no domestic British or purely European voyages in BT27, and no lists for Merchant or Royal Naval vessels or for troop ships. . Roger Mary knows him. I think about him a lot and keep wondering about our meeting when I get to heaven. I thank one for my safety, and I pray for brothers and my chums safety. Pvt. ISTG Vol 3 - SS Rhein - Immigrant Ships Orient Steam Navigation Co./Pacific Steam Navigation Co. Outward sailings January-April 1882 (issued January 18, 1882) Vessel (s) Ports of call. He had a constant feeling that he was neglecting his duty by not going into the service when suddenly one Friday he made his mind to do so. The Willem Ruys and Oranje passed in opposite directions . [5] On 4 August 1932 she collided with the Thames barge Why Not in the Thames Estuary at Thameshaven, Essex, England; Why Not sank.[6]. He was the son of Harrison C. Carpenter and Laura S. Grover, I (Debbie Baker) am descended from his sister, Mary Elizabeth Carpenter. Seaman Turner made it safely and years later was able to tell his story to his grandson, Wayne. Passenger Lists: The Meaning Behind the Notations, Abbreviations, and Subscribe now for regular news, updates and priority booking for events, All content is available under the Open Government Licence v3.0, except where otherwise stated, BT - Records of the Board of Trade and of successor and related bodies, Division within BT - Records of the Commercial, Companies, Labour, Railways and Statistics Departments, BT 26 - Board of Trade: Commercial and Statistical Department and successors: Inwards Passenger Lists, Subseries within BT 26 - Inwards passenger lists, 1929, Available to view free at The National Archives, About our This ripped a large hole in her side at the point where the ships hospital was. Passenger Lists | Dead Reckoning - State Library Of Western Australia For November and December 1960 only, sea departure cards are available to view, as well as the regular passenger lists, in some cases. However, copies of the records (1820-1874 with gaps) survived. List of passengers disembarking at Southampton and London. 1 and agrees with his birth year being 1898 but offers little more information on Jennings (though they thought he was returning from WWI on the transport ship which is a mistake). Dull was assigned to the Coast Artillery Corps at Fort Screven, Georgia. Passenger List on Apple Podcasts Lauch was assigned to the Coast Artillery Corps at Fort Screven, Georgia. Pvt. His father, Frank Kish of 2885 E. 82nd St., Cleveland, Ohio, was notified as next of kin of his death. New York Passengers (1820-1891) - familysearch: Searching for New York Passengers up to 1891 in One Step New York Passengers (1925-1957) - familysearch: Searching for New York Passengers from 1925 onward in One Step All NY Ship Lists (1820-1957) - familysearch: Searching for Ships in all New York Microfilms in One Step I was brought up to the hospital with a number of others that had been hurt. Steamship Line: Norddeutscher Lloyd (North German Lloyd) Class of Passengers: Cabin. He was selected as part of the September Automatic Replacement Draft, Company 2, from Fort Screven Georgia. Clifford Ardell Carpenter - Born 21 October 1876 in Oconomowoc, WI, died 6 October 1918 off the Coast of Scotland during the sinking of the Otranto. A man from my hometown saw me when I was eleven while I was unveiling the monument to the service men and he told me that he was on the same ship and saw my dad try to jump from the Otranto to the Mounsey which had pulled alongside and he fell in between. He tried to time his jump to the destroyer so he would land on the destroyer as it was at its wave peak or at least just starting back down. Hong Kong is included under China. First Settlers of New Hampshire. Geoffrey already had three brothers living in Australia. You'll find steamship captains from Cunard, White Star, Inman, Guion, Anchor, American, Red Star, CGT French Line, and many others. Kashmir off the coast of Scotland. HMS Otranto was an Orient Steam Navigation Company liner and was built by Workman Clark, Belfast in 1909 for the London to Australia route but also did cruses to Norway and the Mediterranean on occasion. Assisted immigrant ships 1832-1889. printable version. He was selected as part of the September Automatic Replacement Draft from Fort Screven Georgia. Radabaugh was assigned to the Coast Artillery Corps at Fort Screven, Georgia. For Dutch ships, for example Damsterdijk, also spelt Damsterdyk, only one version of the name has been selected, allowing you to view passenger lists for both spellings with one search. Collections | Australian National Maritime Museum Passenger lists - The National Archives You can see the artist even painted in the men jumping from one ship to the other, just an unbelievable event.. List of passengers, including Dutch immigrants, arriving in Australia on the SS Prinz Waldemar., 1909-10-23 - 1909-10-23 He enlisted into the Regular Army at Columbus Barracks, Ohio on 24 July 1918 at the age of 20 1/2 years old. Theodore, the son of Friar Jerome and savior of Isabella, is the true heir of the Castle of Otranto. Passenger records and immigration | PROV About Australia: Orient Line Migrant Ships One had to hold to something to keep from being swept overboard. Passenger list Definition & Meaning - Merriam-Webster Date of Departure: 30 June 1903. OANFA 1903 7,902 gross tons. Passenger lists dating between: 1845-1886 record emigrants selected by the Colonization Commissioners London, whose passage were paid for out of the Emigration Fund. National Work Council. The Azores, the Canaries and Madeira are given their own identities within the destination country list. She had a displacement of 12,124 gross tons and 535.3 x 64.0 x 38.6ft . She took part in the invasion of French North Africa later that year and the landings in Sicily and Salerno in 1943. Commander: Captain O. Cppers. They then boarded a train in Wilkes Barre and rode into Baltimore, Maryland. If you select this option, you will be returned only entries where New Zealand (rather than a more specific port) has been given on the passenger list. However, in other instances, the port in question can be small and obscure, or now known by a different name, or not have a unique name. Pvt. I cannot write any more. She took part in the invasions of French North Africa (Operation Torch), Sicily (Operation Husky) and Italy (Operation Avalanche). Pvt. He did say that it was a needed but terrible job to have to perform over a two-week period.. Men were in the raging sea and clinging to anything that would float. OTRANTO December 6th 1947 PASSENGER LIST EMPIRE DEBEN July 30th 1947 PASSENGER LIST MV DORSETSHIRE September 4th 1951 PASSENGER LIST EMPRESS OF SCOTLAND February 14 1948 PASSENGER LIST SS ORBITA February 3rd 1948 PASSENGER LIST RMS SAMARIA August 10th 1947 PASSENGER LIST SS MATAROLA August 5th 1947 PASSENGER LIST SS EMPRESS OF AUSTRALIA Passenger List is a proud member of Radiotopia, from PRX. It is considered the first Gothic novel in the English language, and it is often said to have founded the horror story as a legitimate literary form. Cyndi's List - Ships & Passenger Lists - Ship Lists: General Was assigned to the Spetember Automatic Replacement Draft and was drowned on the Otranto when she was sunk on October 6. Rafts and crushed lifeboats were used between the two ships so she would not be hit so hard. This photo is previous to his service on the Otranto and is of a group of sailors from the HMS Pembroke. For instance, in the South African dropdown list there are the important ports of Durban (Port Natal) and Port Elizabeth (Algoa Bay). He was selected as part of the September Automatic Replacement Draft, from Fort Screven Georgia. Free immigration to Tasmania 1803-1946. I remember November 11, 1918 very well. Presumably Pvt. The men on the Otranto were instructed to remain calm and 15-20 minutes later were again instructed to get on deck as quickly as possible. This information was shared with me by a relative of Seaman Ludlow. Pvt. This list is only for people who came to Tasmania and Norfolk Island on convict transport ships, and were not convicts, e.g. They are divided into: 1. inward bound passengers "assisted" (subsidised) "unassisted" (paying their own way), or "coastal" (travelling to Victoria from an Australian port), and 2. outward bound passengers, regardless of destination. Sgt. Passenger List Page - Irish Genealogical Society - MN. 406 and he was killed during the 6 October sinking of the Otranto. His mother, Mrs. Martha McAfee, R. F. D. 1, Coldwater, Ohio, was notified as next of kin of his death. Hirt was born in Strongsville, Ohio about 1898 and at the time of enlistment he lived in Strongsville, Ohio. And many of these men were from the State of Georgia. Hirt's Greenhouse and Flowers. Passenger lists on ships continued until 1965, when cards completely replaced lists for both air and sea travel. Kish was assigned to the 72nd Company, Coast Artillery Corps at Fort Screven, Georgia. 1891-1954 immigration passenger lists: Try an Ancestry.com Free Trial and Ancestry.ca Free Trial Genealogy Mystery Book! On 6 Oct. 1918, during a heavy storm while carrying troops from America to Glasgow and Liverpool, HMS Otranto collided with the P&O liner H.M.S. PolandGenWeb Archives - RootsWeb However, where this is unclear or not stated, the destination of the ship is given for the passenger instead. Six hundred men owe their lives to him. He sailed aboard the HMS Otranto on the 25th September 1918 with Casual Company No. Australian shipping and passenger records - National Library Of Australia RMS Otranto was an ocean liner that was built for the Orient Steam Navigation Company in 1925. Australian Ship Passenger Lists - FreeSurnameSearch 1949: Resumed Australian service. He sailed aboard the HMS Otranto on the 25th September 1918 and he was killed during the 6 October sinking of the Otranto. Give my love to all the others and love and kisses to you, the dearest of mothers! The indexing is complete only for the assisted immigrant programme through to 1888. Passenger lists usually give details of the overseas port to which the passenger is sailing, while remaining silent on the country in which the port is situated. He was listed as working for the Y.M.C.A. Dear Mother, the saddest thing that I have to write is that I havent heard a word of brother Clyde, but I am living in hopes that he was among the number saved. Mother, it is with a sad heart that I write of Clyde, but we have hopes yet. Old Calabar and New Calabar are different places within Nigeria but have been merged within the dropdown list of Nigerian ports, as many entries in the passenger lists simply state Calabar. OTRANTO | Passengers in History passenger list: [noun] a list of the passengers on a ship that is submitted by the master to customs officials at ports visited. S.A.R., [September Automatic Replacement] C.A.C., The Castle of Otranto | Summary, Characters, Analysis, & Facts View the catalogue description for. He enlisted into the Regular Army at Columbus Barracks, Ohio on 17 October 1918 at the age of 18 years 6 months old. It was used by Geoffrey and Hazel Tirchett who immigrated from London to Victoria, as '10 Pound Tourists' leaving London on 3 June 1954. Dilts was given to me by his daughter Barbara Dilts Joike who on December 17, 2004, turned 90 years old.
Kourtney And Travis Palm Springs, Funerals In Stockport This Week, Medicare Part B Claims Are Adjudicated In A, Inventory Report In Sap S4 Hana, Does Blue Curacao Need To Be Refrigerated After Opening, Articles O