The cause of the young actors death and the circumstances around it remain undisclosed. Degrassi: The Next Generation Star Jahmil French Dies at 29 ", Stefan Brogren, who was one of the original Degrassi cast members and stands as the longest-standing character on the series, also mourned the actor on social media, writing, He performed Dave with such sensitivity and thoughtfulness and could make me laugh so easily. Frenchs co-stars expressed their grief as they remember him for his energy and warmth. pic.twitter.com/ZbCyqNulkC, Stefan Brogren (@stefanbrogren) March 2, 2021. I can confirm my good friend, co-worker, and all around inspiration, Jahmil French, passed away yesterday. Jahmils death was confirmed by his representative, who didnt divulge exactly how Jahmil died but asked for thoughts and prayers for the actors family. 2020 THE SUN, US, INC. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED | TERMS OF USE | PRIVACY | YOUR AD CHOICES | SITEMAP, Jahmil French passed away on March 2, 2021, French was 29-years-old and best known for playing Dave Turner on Degrassi: The Next Generation, The 29-year-old actor was best known for playing Dave Turner. Only posting because I see the story getting out there. A true talent and a great friend. Right now were all just processing this devastating news.. I can confirm my good friend, co-worker, and all around inspiration, Jahmil French, passed away yesterday, Joshua tweeted in his passing. In 2018, as part of his work on the film, Boost, he earned a Best Supporting Actor nod at the Canadian Screen Awards. After Degrassi, Jahmil appeared in a handful of television series and a few movies. His passing was announced on Twitter by fellow Candian actress Cristine Prosperi, who shared pictures of the two of them with the caption: My heart is so heavy.. Jahmil French, an actor best known for appearing in four seasons of the Canadian teen drama "Degrassi: The Next Generation," has died at the age of 29. The 29-year-old actor was best known for playing Dave Turner on the popular teen show. Frenchs last photo on Instagram, posted on January 18 also has comments from fans wondering what led to his death. 'Degrassi' And 'Soundtrack' Star Jahmil French Dead At 29 - OK Magazine First, Frenchs death news was shared on social media and now the users reactions to this story is growing trend more and more. This video is how Ill always think of him. I will have more to say about him later. I just hope you knew how loved you were., So grateful for memories and deep convos with you, beautiful angel. This website uses cookies to improve your experience while you navigate through the website. Out of these cookies, the cookies that are categorized as necessary are stored on your browser as they are essential for the working of basic functionalities of the website. Essence may receive compensation for some links to products and services on this website. His role earned him a nomination for Best Supporting Actor at the 6th Canadian Screen Awards. He disarmed you with a smile and his confidence and energy was infectious. They will all miss Jahmil so much. This service is provided on News Group Newspapers' Limited's Standard Terms and Conditions in accordance with our Privacy & Cookie Policy. The actors last work in a film or TV show was the Netflix series Soundtrack, where he features as Dante Mendoza. His passing was announced on Twitter by fellow Candian actress Cristine Prosperi, who shared pictures of the two of them with the. Jahmil French, who starred as Dave Turner on "Degrassi: The Next Generation," has passed away at the age of 29. Still in shock. 2. She had just turned 89 years old the day before she passed. Theyve Had an Inappropriate Relationship For Months, How Black Creators Can Expand Their Network with LinkedIn. Watch: "Degrassi" Star Jahmil French Dies at 29. So suddenly and without any news of an illness with an unknown cause of death, the Soundtrack young stars death shocked everyone. Depression may have Caused, Russ Martins cause of death seemed suspicious, How did Michael Gudinski Die? "Rest peacefully King. The cast of the series includesNiamh Wilson,Ana Golja,Dylan Everett,Demetrius Joyette,Justin Kelly andChloe Rose among others. There are so many memories to look back on, wrote Jessica Tyler in a lengthy post. This is a real loss., Rumors Are Flying That Nina Dobrev Is Appearing in Season 5 of 'Riverdale' (SPOILERS), 'Ginny & Georgia' Isn't Sara Waisglass' First Teen Drama, Fans Are Concerned About Singer Charli XCX After the Death of Her Close Friend. It was a pleasure to work with him and he will be missed. Since news of his death emerged, fans and friends have been flooding the comments with heartfelt messages. Jahmil Frenchs cause of death is unknown, and thats what makes people more anxious. Fans of the show came to refer to their relationship as Bhandurner, which the actress referenced as she honored French. I just hope you knew how loved you were.". Wanted to pay my respects to an incredibly kind, funny, and talented individual; Jahmil French. We grew up together, all of us. appreciated. In the tweet, she also wrote, "Only posting because I see the story getting out there. 'Degrassi' star Jahmil French dead at 29 - Page Six Updated These cookies do not store any personal information. Mar 2, 2021. Yes, Scream VI Marketing Is Behind the Creepy Ghostface Sightings Causing Scares Across the U.S. David Oyelowo, Taylor Sheridan's 'Bass Reeves' Series at Paramount+ Casts King Richard Star Demi Singleton (EXCLUSIVE), Star Trek: Discovery to End With Season 5, Paramount+ Pushes Premiere to 2024. By clicking Subscribe Now, you agree to our, The Canadian actor has died at the age of 29, French played Dave Turner On Degrassi: The Next Generation from 2009-2013, While On Degrassi, French Won A Canadian Screen Award Nomination for Best Performance in a Childrens/Youth Program/Series, French Starred Alongside Nia Long in The Divide in 2014, In 2018 French Played Snacks In The Sitcom Lets Get Physical, For His Role In 2018s Boost, French Was Nominated For Best Supporting Actor By Prix Iris, In 2019, French Played Dante Mendoza in the Netflix Series Soundtrack. Jahmil French, who played Dave Turner on Degrassi: The Next Generation, died on Monday, his agent Gabrielle Kachman confirmed to Variety. I just hope you knew how loved you were. 'Degrassi' And 'Soundtrack' Star Jahmil French Dies At 29 I ask that you keep his family and friends in your thoughts and prayers at this difficult time., French was nominated for the 1st Canadian Screen Award for Best Performance in a Childrens or Youth Program or Series in 2013 for his role as Dave Turner. Variety and the Flying V logos are trademarks of Variety Media, LLC. Actor Jahmil French, who was well known for his work as Dave Turner on Degrassi, has reportedly passed away at the age of 29.He reportedly passed away on Monday (March 1). I will have more to say about him later. A rep for the Canadian actor, who was best known for his role as Dave Turner on the teen series "Degrassi: The Next Generation," confirmed. French's "Degrassi" co-star Annie Clark also shared a tribute to her friend. The two worked together on Netflix's "Soundtrack." Rest peacefully King". jahmil french cause of death tmz. He was 28. Read More:How did Michael Gudinski Die? Frenchs other credits included Netflixs Soundtrack, the Pop series Lets Get Physical, and the film Boost., Soundtrack creator Joshua Safran on Twitter paid tribute to the young star, writing, I can confirm my good friend, co-worker, and all around inspiration, Jahmil French, passed away yesterday. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Right now were all just processing this devastating news". Heres what we know. Is Nanci Griffiths Cause of Death Related to a Health Problem? All Rights Reserved. I will have more to say about him later. Blessed that we got to be part of a big dysfunctional family together. A Warner Bros. A true talent and a great friend. He performed Dave with such sensitivity and thoughtfulness and could make me laugh so easily, Brogren wrote. Truly one of a kind. Jahmils work on Degrassi earned him not just the love of a loyal fanbase. Just a . Soundtrack. Screenwriter and producer Joshua Safran, who worked. The passing of Canadian actor Jahmil French, in early 2021, shocked the entertainment industry. Jahmils sudden tragedy is making fans question what could have happened to the young talent. She Was Just Found in Puerto Rico, NYC Winter Storm: 12 Hours of Rain, Gusts Near 50 MPH, Snow Expected; See Timing Here, Mysterious Cases of Men Found Dead After Leaving NYC Gay Bars Ruled Homicides: ME, The Harlem Fine Arts Show Celebrates 15 Years. We will all miss you so much Jahmil., Dylan Everett, who played Campbell Saunders, shared his first memory of Jahmil, writing, "One of the first people I met on Degrassi, he immediately made me feel welcome. Jahmil French Dead: 'Degrassi' Actor Was 29 - Variety Melinda Shankar, who played Frenchs love interest on Degrassi, wrote a touching tribute to French on her Instagram saying he will always hold such a special place in her heart. The actor was well-known for his performance as Dave Turner in the popular show, Degrassi: The Next Generation . I can confirm my good friend, co-worker, and all around inspiration, Jahmil French, passed away yesterday. He also added that French would be remembered by people for his passion for the arts, his commitment to his craft, and his vibrant personality. The rep asked people to keep his family and friends in their thoughts and prayers at this challenging time.. Jahmil French known for his performance in the Candian teen drama Degrassi: The Next Generation has passed away. Only posting because I see the story getting out there. The 29-year-old actor was best known for playing Dave Turner on the popular teen show. An earlier version of this story incorrectly stated French was 29. Who Is Jahmil French: 'Degrassi' Star Dead At 29 - Hollywood Life He will be remembered by many for his passion for the arts, his commitment to his craft, and his vibrant personality. Rest In Peace., Im sick with the news of Jahmils passing. So full of energy and fun. He was 28. 2021 in Review: the tragic death of 'Degrassi' star Jahmil French "I can confirm my good friend, co-worker, and all around inspiration, Jahmil French, passed away yesterday," Safran wrote. Powered by WordPress.com VIP. Only posting because I see the story getting out there. The Canadian actor, who played Dave Turner on the series, joined the cast in Season 9 and was only 29 at the time of his passing. He will be remembered by many for his passion for the arts, his commitment to his craft, and his vibrant personality. Jahmil French, known for his role as Dave Turner in the hit Canadian series Degrassi: The Next Generation, has died, his representative Gabrielle Kachman confirmed to Deadline. February 27, 2023 new bill passed in nj for inmates 2022 No Comments . He was also nominated for Best Supporting Actor at the 6th Canadian Screen Awards in 2018 for his performance in Boost. Some of Jahmil Frenchs notable credits include Lets Get Physical, The Night Before Halloween, Remedy, The Divide, Rocky Road, and The Infamous.. She also commented on Jahmil's latest Instagram post by saying, "You will be missed. Rest Easy King #JahmilFrench pic.twitter.com/UrVHbG2Zn3, Annie Clark shared a video of French dancing on Twitter with a message that read, Heartbroken over the loss of our friend Jahmil French. On his Twitter account this Tuesday, French's friend and the executive producer of his 2019 project, Soundtrack, confirmed that he had died. Degrassi stars pay tribute to Jahmil French following the - blogTO I can confirm my good friend, co-worker, and all around inspiration, Jahmil French, passed away yesterday, he wrote. He also appeared in Degrassi: Minis as Dave. Right now were all just processing this devastating news. Frenchs last photo on Instagram, posted on January 18 also has comments from fans wondering what led to his death. Melinda Shankar, Jahmils on-screen love interest, wrote, So grateful for memories and deep convos with you, beautiful angel. Right now were all just processing this devastating news.. Jahmil French Dies: 'Degrassi: The Next Generation' Actor was 29 A true talent and a great friend. French played Dante Mendoza on the first season of the show. The Legendary top scorer in the world cup has now passed away at the age of 89. Blessed that we got to be part of a big dysfunctional family together. chisme chica (@Anthologist) March 2, 2021. Degrassi's Jahmil French Dead at 29 - E! Online - CA The shows creator Joshua Safran took to social media to confirm the news of the actors death and says that he has more to say later. The Story Behind How Degrassi Star Jahmil French Die Shocks You The Sunis your go to destination for the best celebrity news, football news, real-life stories, jaw-dropping pictures and must-see video. Who was Jahmil French and how did he die? Also read |Ashley Benson On Keeping Her Relationships Private; Says, 'It's More Sacred That Way', Also read |Dolly Parton Gets Her Shot Of COVID Vaccine; Calls It 'dose Of Own Medicine'. He also had a recurring role as Dante Mendoza in the 2019 Netflix series Soundtrack. Blessed that we got to be part of a big dysfunctional family together. Shankar essays the role of Alli Bhandari, Daves love interest on Degrassi: The Next Generation.. Jahmil French, best known for his role as Dave Turner in the Canadian drama series " Degrassi: The Next Generation ," has died at age 29 . Everytime we interacted you were awesome. Users are sharing their favorite moments from his performance on the show. No details on the cause of death were made available. To inquire about a licence to reproduce material, visit our Syndication site. Romance in the Air, Story of AustralianGreat Singer Archie Roachs Cause of Death. I can confirm my good friend, co-worker, and all around inspiration, Jahmil French, passed away yesterday. pic.twitter.com/6upmYClo3r, Co-stars Annie Clark and Cristine Prosperi, Fiona Coyne and Imogen Moreno respectively on the series, also paid tribute to Jahmil in posts that reflected on the memories that they shared with the spirited actor.
Fall Baseball Naperville, Articles H