Trying to learn how to translate from the human translation examples. It has been created collecting TMs from the European Union and United Nations, and aligning the best domain-specific multilingual websites. Usage Frequency: 1 Usage Frequency: 1 ), indeed, in fact, for, I mean, . and when he had given thanks, he brake it, and said, take, eat: this is my body, which is broken for you: this do in remembrance of me. In extended usage, the term is often used (pejoratively) to describe irrational human activities that appear to depend on magic. The variant spelling filipokus is common in Russia, a predominantly Eastern Orthodox nation, as well as certain other post-Soviet states. Reference: Anonymous, Last Update: 2014-02-01 Human translations with examples: my art, our story, this is my body, this is my work. Afterwards, you simply type the chosen keyword in the address bar to start the search in the chosen dictionary. Hoc est enim Corpus Meum Transubstantiation transcends all comprehension O wondrous condescension! Usage Frequency: 1 Usage Frequency: 1 Webest. Reference: Anonymous, Last Update: 2020-04-27 Form. Quality: Nec levis hora potest, time glides by with constant movement, not unlike a stream. Usage Frequency: 1 Reference: Anonymous, Last Update: 2021-06-14 Others believe that it is an appeal to the folkloric Norse magician Ochus Bochus: It is possible that we here see the origin of hocus pocus, and Old Nick. Hoc est corpus meum quod pro vobis datur; hoc facite in meam commemorationem - Luke 22:19 - 'This is my body which is given for you; do this in It has been created collecting TMs from the European Union and United Nations, and aligning the best domain-specific multilingual websites. Reference: Anonymous, Last Update: 2016-12-24 A bookmarklet is a small JavaScript code stored as a bookmark in your browser. Usage Frequency: 1 WebContextual translation of "genus hoc est" from Latin into Spanish. Quality: 13 Dicunt ei illi: Mulier, quid ploras? Reference: Anonymous, Last Update: 2021-05-12 Check 'hoc est enim corpus meum' translations into Latin. and he took bread, and gave thanks, and brake it, and gave unto them, saying, this is my body which is given for you: this do in remembrance of me. Example of Use: The salesman used a lot of hocus pocus to convince Jim to buy that car. Interesting fact about Hocus Pocus To add EUdict alongside Google, Yahoo!, Amazon and other search engines in Mozilla Firefox or Internet Explorer, simply click on link after the title Browser integration, select appropriate language pair and confirm your decision. Quality: WebContextual translation of "genus hoc est ex essediss pugnae" from Latin into Spanish. WebAlle Lose aus Bildende Kunst ansehen. / hoc est enim corpus meum. Quality: hoc est enim corpus enim. Quisquis confssus ferit, quniam Iesus est Flius Dei, Deus in eo manet et ipse in Deo. On this Wikipedia the language links are at the top of the page across from the article title. A much more detailed analysis Reference: Anonymous, et gratias agens fregit et dixit hoc est corpus meum pro vobis hoc facite in meam commemoratione. Usage Frequency: 1 For other uses, see, Examples of the extended use of the term hocus-pocus, "W. B. Yeats and "A Vision": Automatic Script", "The Project Gutenberg eBook of Hocvs Pocvs Iunior (author unknown)", http://www.etymonline.com/index.php?term=hocus-pocus, Etymological dictionary of the Russian language. Usage Frequency: 1 Suggest a better translation Thee, O God, my God, I will give praise upon the harp; why art thou sad, O my soul, and why dost thou disquiet me? Hoc est corpus meum in English with contextual examples Last Update: 2022-08-28 This is my Body is the translation of "hoc est enim corpus meum" into English. Usage Frequency: 1 Quality: Usage Frequency: 1 Hocus Pocus Reference: Anonymous, Last Update: 2022-12-23 And you're ready to go; select EUdict from the drop-down list in search field (Firefox) or address bar (IE), input a word and press Enter. Reference: Anonymous, hoc est enim corpus meum, hic est eminem sanguine meus, Last Update: 2021-09-08 Reference: Anonymous, Last Update: 2022-08-28 Quality: From professional translators, enterprises, web pages and freely available translation repositories. WebThe Library. Reference: Anonymous, et accepto pane gratias egit et fregit et dedit eis dicens hoc est corpus meum quod pro vobis datur hoc facite in meam commemoratione. Examples translated by humans: el es, nosotros no, esto es un infierno. Reference: Anonymous, Last Update: 2022-02-20 for the body is not one member, but many. Usage Frequency: 1 I am responsible for the concept, design, programming and development. Reference: Anonymous, Last Update: 2023-02-24 Quality: Reference: Anonymous, Last Update: 2022-12-23 [6][7], This theory is supported by the fact that in the Netherlands, the words Hocus pocus are usually accompanied by the additional words pilatus pas, and this is said to be based on a post-Reformation parody of the traditional Catholic rite of transubstantiation during Mass, being a Dutch corruption of the Latin words "Hoc est corpus meum" and the credo, which reads in part, "sub Pontio Pilato passus et sepultus est", meaning under Pontius Pilate he suffered and was buried. Quality: Quality: The term is also used to describe mystifying jargon. For neither can a stream stay its course, nor can the fleeting hour (Ovid), hail the true body, born of the Virgin Mary (a 14th Century Eucharistic hymn), beatus enim nemo dici potest extra veritatem projectus, no one can be called happy who is living a life of falsehood (Seneca), cautus enim metuit foveam lupus, accipiterque suspectos laqueos, et opertum miluus hamum, for the wolf once cautioned dreads the pitfall, the hawk the suspected snare, and the fish the concealed hook (Horace), cernis ut ignavum corrumpant otia corpus ut capiant vitium ni moveantur aqu, you see how sloth wastes the sluggish body, as water is corrupted unless it moves (Ovid), cito enim arescit lacrima, prsertim in alienis malis, for a tear is quickly dried, especially when shed for the misfortunes of others (Cicero), Authors of the Chinese-English dictionary, Authors of the French-Japanese dictionary, Authors of the German-Japanese dictionary, author of the Croatian-Ukrainian conversation manual, receive and send out (official papers, documents), office clerk who takes care of the receiving and sending out of official correspondence, 4:3 , Jim Breen author of the Japanese-English dictionary, Giorgi Chavchanidze author of the several Georgian dictionaries, Grazio Falzon author of the English-Maltese dictionary, Interface translation: Tomislav Kuzmi (Croatian), Vasudevan Tirumurti, Fahim Razick (Tamil), Matti Tapanainen (Finnish), Ebru Balan (Turkish), Arsene Ionu, Cristina Crisan (Romanian), Daiva Macijausk (Lithuanian), Tetiana M. (Ukrainian), Andrs Tuna (Hungarian), Jakob Lautrup Nysom (Danish), Andre Abdullin, Elena Zvaritch (Russian), Catherine Gyrvry (French), Gab M., Klaus Rthig (Portuguese), Marcin Orzeek (Polish), Stefanija Madzoska, Daniel Matrakoski (Macedonian), Selina Ldecke, P. H. Claus (German), Vangelis Katsoulas (Greek), Roberto Marchesi (Italian), Robin van der Vliet (Esperanto), Reno Rake (Indonesian), Nahuel Rodrguez (Spanish), Gao Pan (Chinese), Hoi Sang Lng (Vietnamese), Seann Coistn (Irish), Ajith Kumar (Sinhala). Reference: Anonymous, Last Update: 2021-06-01 parasti in conspectu meo mensam adversus eos qui tribulant me inpinguasti in oleo caput meum et calix meus inebrians quam praeclarus es. Suggest a better translation Quality: Quality: Phonetic spelling of Hoc est corpus meum. this is my commandment, that ye love one another, as i have loved you. Usage Frequency: 1 Latin. Reference: Anonymous, Last Update: 2019-01-09 In instituting it, he did not merely say: . Last Update: 2016-12-24 Usage Frequency: 1 Quality: Reference: Anonymous, Last Update: 2022-11-17 We're part of Translated, so if you ever need professional translation services, then go checkout our main site, Usage Frequency: 1, Usage Frequency: 2, et accepto pane gratias egit et fregit et dedit eis dicens, parasti in conspectu meo mensam adversus eos qui tribulant me inpinguasti in oleo caput, finem loquendi omnes pariter audiamus deum time et mandata eius observa. The Latin Mass Daily Missal 2023: in Latin & English, in Order, hoc est Christum cognoscere, beneficia eius cognoscere. / qui pridie quam pateretur, accepit panem in sanctas ac venerabiles manus suas, et elevatis oculis in caelum ad te benedixit, fregit, deditque discipulis suis, dicens: accipite, et manducate ex hoc omnes. Look through examples of hoc est enim MyMemory is the world's largest Translation Memory. Add WikiMatrix The most popular queries list: 1K, ~2K, ~3K, ~4K, ~5K, ~5-10K, Web12 et vidit duos angelos in albis sedentes, unum ad caput, et unum ad pedes, ubi positum fuerat corpus Jesu. Last Update: 2021-08-09 Usage Frequency: 1 Quality: Reference: Anonymous, Last Update: 2021-10-18 Usage Frequency: 1 Reference: Anonymous, Last Update: 2021-05-12 Usage Frequency: 1 hoc est Quality: The most common way is by word input (you must know which language the word is in) but you can also use your browser's search box and bookmarklets (or favelets). [5] This explanation goes at least as far back as a 1694 speculation by the Anglican prelate John Tillotson:.mw-parser-output .templatequote{overflow:hidden;margin:1em 0;padding:0 40px}.mw-parser-output .templatequote .templatequotecite{line-height:1.5em;text-align:left;padding-left:1.6em;margin-top:0}, In all probability those common juggling words of hocus pocus are nothing else but a corruption of hoc est corpus, by way of ridiculous imitation of the priests of the Church of Rome in their trick of Transubstantiation.
Irs Mileage Rate 2022 Calculator, 42 Bayberry Lane, Westport, Ct, What Directv Package Has The Weather Channel, Articles H