Find up to date information on visitors and their tributes below. I am convinced that her work will not, and should not, be in vain. Copyright 2023 The Green Belt Movement. Her tireless commitment to humanity was evident in everything she didfrom planting trees and listening to women in refugee camps to amplifying the voices of the disempowered to leaders and decision makers around the globe. My country was a close friend of Professor Maathai. Natasha Jagan Brancier (Cheddi Jagan's granddaughter). Our thoughts are with you. I had the privilege of spending time with Professor Maathai on many occasions over the past few years. It also will leave a particularly broad void in the ranks of world class leadership among the English-speaking Caricom Nations ,as well as the rest of the hemisphere. 2. Condolence Messages for Nelson Mandela - Groundviews Dr. Willy Mutunga Chief Justice of KenyaAluta Continua Comrade Wangari Mpendwa, R.I.P. [Name], I am so sorry that your [parent, sister, cousin, nephew, etc. Queen Elizabeth II death: World leaders react - cnbc.com It is a tribute to her passionate determination that so many people feel such a deep sense of loss at her passing. The loss of a boss like you is something that can never be recovered. The director was a perfect man and a great human being. World leaders and royalty are paying tribute to Queen Elizabeth II after her death at age 96. Deeply saddened and affected by this tragedy. Her powerful voice calling for a shared and harmonious environment will be missed in the whole world. NEW DELHI, 25/04/2016: BJP MP Anil Madhav Dave arriving on a bicycle to attend second half of the Budget session of Parliament, following odd even scheme of Delhi government, in New . Those we love don't go away; they walk beside us in our hearts and memories. My condolences to you and your family. Madeleine Albright, who in 1997 became the first woman to serve as U.S. secretary of state, died of cancer on Wednesday. He will live on in our memories forever. And it was to help other people and the animals on the land. We may earn a commission from links on this page. Rest in peace, boss. This will never be forgotten. A man may die, but his legacy will continue through his deeds. on the Internet from March 7 to March 16, 1997, Archive of the Updates on President Jagan's Medical Crisis, Updates From Guyana Following the Death of President Jagan, Funeral procesion in front of Freedom House. We would like to express our sincere condolences to you and your family. He was an upright leader, for they will give you the strength to carry on. The passing of Wangari Maathai will be an enormous loss to her family, her extended family including the Green Belt Movement, and to the world she cared so much about. The Cheddi Jagan Research Centre located in Georgetown, Guyana. For instance, when our political candidates lose: 1. Political leaders condole the death of President's wife - Deccan Chronicle On the Corentyne, hundreds of sugar workers attached to the Albion sugar estate, downed tools for the day and marched to the home where the late President was born. Message: Heart felt condolences on the death of our leader. But as she passes from this life, those of us who are left behind can see all that she achieved. They illustrate the kind of man, Cheddi Jagan was to his supporters, his peers and to his opponents: The people of Guyana: "He was the Mahatma Gandhi of Guyana." What do you say when your boss or leader passes on? She was highly respected and admired not only for her pioneer work for environmental protection and sustainable development, but also for her work for womens rights and democracy. Condolence messages for loss of a great leader Of course he would have scoffed at such suggestions He would have wanted to work hard to the end. Professor, the youth who you inspired say Hongera for the great achievement you made, Rest in Peace. Your legacy will live with WCK! Many people struggle with how to say sorry for their loss professionally. RIP. She forged new ground for women in Kenya helping shatter what we would call the "glass ceiling" in the United States. ", Prime Minister of Mauritius, Dr. Navinchaandra Ramgoolam, wrote: "He won the hearts and affections of the people of our nation, and will be mourned by millions overseas. Thank you for being there. She was a true leader. He has left a gap too wide to be filled. The estranged wife and moral compass of an aircraft magnate and political naf who's been manipulated into running for president, Mary Matthews (Katharine Hepburn) issues this supreme burn to the. A president gets diplomatic condolence messages from government quarters, private agencies, and citizens impacted by the presidency. She was known throughout the development and human rights community not just for her inspirational eloquence, but for her human warmth. His voice would have been heard on the side of reconciliation and national unity. There is no Caribbean leader who has been so frequently cheated of office; none who has been so grossly misrepresented, and no one who, in spite of such adversity, was his equal in certainty of purpose and the capacity to go on and on until his time had come to take leave of us. Cregg, The West WingAllison Janney earned a fandom with her portrayal of West Wings White House Press Secretary C.J., a brisk, smart, no-nonsense professional with a talent for clever phrasing and no-nonsense rebuttals. Sending you warm sympathies after the loss of your aunt/uncle. May the love of family and friends comfort you during these difficult days, our/my most heartfelt condolences. May God bless you and comfort you. Cheddi Jagan was a great Guyanese; indeed the greatest that has ever walked this land of ours. It was my tremendous privilege to meet her in that very location last month. I never knew just how painful goodbyes were until death took you away from me. I share your grief with you upon the loss of your aunt. I dont think there is any politician that has shown that longevity in terms of standing for principles despite the difficulties which he had to face in Guyana in the 70s and the 60s and so on. May the good Lord rest her soul in eternal peace. The footprints she has left on our continent will bear everlasting witness to posterity that a great lady, A true Pan-African and a lover of nature, walked this earth. RIP boss. He was not cut to be a bystander Still those years of peace and writing he might have had are a loss to the rest of us. Sorry to hear about the loss. We hope that his family is surrounded by love. Please accept my heartfelt sympathy for this unfortunate event. I know how much you loved him. Working was fun with her. Dear Mrs. Corzone, On behalf of Griffith Industries, I would like to offer our sincere sympathies on the death of your husband, Marc. One can but marvel at her foresight and the scope of her success. Burns, The SimpsonsWhen Springfield plutocrat Mr. Burns runs for governor, hoping to change environmental law so he can save $56 million by not updating his dangerously broken-down power plant, the Simpson family, as usual, gets in the way. "He has gone but can never be forgotten. Your father was one of the nicest people I know, and I know that he was a great director too. Now you are gone. These attributes became the sustaining factor of his lifes work during the long battles for an independent Guyana. Political leaders condole Cong veteran Ahmed Patel's demise The deep sympathy of the Norwegian Government is hereby conveyed to professor Mathaais family, close friends and colleagues and to the Kenyan people for this significant and painful loss. Her uncompromising stand in trying to ensure that ECOSOCC was an independent and Civil Society voice within the African Union might have not found favour with some but remains the invaluable legacy she leaves us with, to ponder and nurture. Condolence messages for a friend. Your mother was a great woman, and she will be truly missed and will always be remembered. I am genuinely sorry to hear of the loss of your father. We will miss a great leader and an example in so many ways. Dr. Jennifer Riria Group Chief Executive/Director, Kenya Women Finance TrustMy dear mother, mentor, sister and friend, you fought the hard fight. Messages of condolences from world leaders, also began to pour into Guyana, immediately following his death. Current leaders including Liz Truss, Joe Biden and Justin Trudeau, along with former heads of state. The environment and the defence of Human rights will remain at the heart of the concerns and reflections of Kenya, of Africa and of the international community. She was a true visionary whose local approach to protecting the environment has so many global applications and possibilities. Kenya forest and all others, including the National Parks, were watered by your blood. Sad to hear about the loss of a great leader. Rest in peace! ", Chief Minister of the British Virgin Islands, Ralph ONeal wrote: "I will always treasure our fine relationship and his very sage advice given, especially during our regional meetings. Praying for the deceased soul. (PTI) His last tweet condoled the . A globally recognized champion for human rights and women's empowerment, Professor Maathai was a pioneer in articulating the links between human rights, poverty, environmental protection and securityfor which she was awarded the 2004 Nobel Peace Prize. He will be missed for his goodness in life. You have accomplished many good things in life. We may not understand why he had to leave us so soon, but we pray that God will comfort you and lift you. Hon. Mike Griffith. From the Office of Nelson Mandela, Nobel Peace Prize Laureate, 1993. You politicians have stayed professionals only because the voters have remained amateurs. Mary Matthews,State Of The UnionThe estranged wife and moral compass of an aircraft magnate and political naf whos been manipulated into running for president, Mary Matthews (Katharine Hepburn) issues this supreme burn to the corrupt wheeler-dealers whove been masterminding her husbands sham campaign. Life story, crime, latest updates, Diana Maura Says Hubby Bahati Can't Eat Food Prepared by Her Househelps: "Lazima Nijipange", Kienyeji Love: Video of Couple Embracing, Sharing Smooch Thrills Netizens, Rashid Abdalla Pens Loving Message to Wife Lulu Hassan: "Beautiful Soul", John Mbadi Celebrates Handsome Son Dressed in Sharp Fitting Suit on His Birthday: "My Boy", Governor Abdulswamad Facilitates 400 Residents to Attend Burial of Luo Council of Elders Leader Willis Otondi. Dr. Jagan can rest comfortably in the secure knowledge that he fulfilled for his country and the region much more than could be expected from a single human being even one as exceptional as he. A leader that showed everyone the way. Condolence message on death of a president is written differently compared to condolence message of a friend. Your mother was the best matron we ever had. People grieve in different ways, and one way is sharing messages of condolences and celebration of the life of the departed. Her passion and commitment have moved countless people to take action to improve their communities. I was deeply saddened to hear about your [mother's/father's] passing. Rest in peace Dr Wangari Maathai. God has a beautiful reward for you! The loss of your brother profoundly saddens me. When a boss dies, the gap is felt by the people that looked up to him. Dr. Jagan has repeatedly demonstrated this quality and it was this, among others, that endeared him to his people and sustained his popularity among the masses for five decades. Her tireless work on behalf of societys least privileged meant she often ran afoul of those in power, leading to imprisonment and financial hardship. Heaven just gained an angel. May the almighty be with the departeds family. For the full statement, click here. Here is a look at some great condolence messages for the loss of a great leader or boss. I will keep you close in my thoughts and prayers in the coming weeks as you go through your grieving process. Ive said it before and Ill say it again: Democracy simply doesnt work. Kent Brockman, The SimpsonsNewscaster Kent Brockman draws his political conclusions far too broadly after Congress proposes a bill to evacuate Springfield before a comet smashes it, an opportunist adds in a rider for $30 million of taxpayer money to support the perverted arts, and the bill fails. Turkey's Main Opposition Leader Sends Condolence Letter to Syria's Assad Rest in Peace. I knew her for many years as a good person who has done a lot for this country Kenya. Don't be too casual with the message unless you were close friends with the boss. My heart goes out to you on the passing of your brother. Dr. Ayub Macharia Acting Director General, NEMAWe have lost a key pillar for the environment but the seeds she sowed will live forever. Name: P.G.Abraham. Condolence Message on The Passing on Of Former President Benjamin She always identified with those who are less fortunate, or those experiencing hardship, no matter where they are fromand she translated this into a forceful articulation of the need for those with power to do more. My department chairman was a great man and much admired. You were and will always remain an immense inspiration. I can understand your pain, but the soul that is no more with us shall see peace and rest. We have lost a true hero. A backlash emerged in the UK this week after the British monarch hosted the EU chief. Wangari was a true visionary whose work and life served as a powerful example to women everywhere. ISTANBUL/ANKARA (Reuters) - The head of Turkey's main opposition party on Thursday sent a condolence letter to Syrian President Bashar al-Assad, whose country was also devastated by the Feb. 6. An ardent defender of the environment, she linked her fight against deforestation, which began in the 1970s, to the fight for democracy and justice, to the defense of human rights and the promotion of equality between men and women. Rest in Peace the DAUGHTER OF THE UNIVERSE The true warrior. As the first environmentalist and first African woman to earn the Nobel Peace Prize, Wangari served as a true inspiration to us all. The chairman, as he was known to us, was a great leader. I am genuinely sorry to hear about your loss. Sample Condolence Letter From a Large Corporation or Organization. But we also spent many quieter moments talking about injustices in the world, and the need for strong international leadership to combat them. If it is comforting, I will say God loved him more, and that is why he took him. Keep faith in God, and he shall pour his love and care on you. I am so sorry to hear the news about your [mother/father]. rediff.com: Condolences on the death of Madhavrao Scindia When the death of a renowned person occurs, the masses feel sad and mourn with the family. Wangari Maathai will be remembered as a committed champion of the environment, sustainable development, womens rights, and democracy. [Professor Maathai's] leadership and work serves to enlighten us all that alleviation of poverty, sustainable development, preservation of our environment, establishment of truly democratic institutions, and peaceful resolution of conflict are all integral parts of a safe and secure global future. Dear [last name] family, I was incredibly saddened to hear of the passing of [name and class]. My most sincere condolences! The world mourns with you and celebrates the extraordinary life of this remarkable woman who devoted her life to peacefully protecting what she called our common home and future.. I was deeply saddened to learn of the death of Wangari Maathai. Condolence Messages: Best Practices & Tips From Grief Experts But through it all, Wangari Maathai remained, as the title of her autobiography aptly put it, unbowed. We continue to be restless, she wrote in that book, If we really carry the burden, we are driven to action. Those who have stood by him faithfully all these trying years, struggling for the peoples rights, know his wishes, his dreams, his plans. Sumiko Kito Japan Broadcasting Corp Thank you Dr. Wangari Maathai, people of Japan will not forget you for the encouragements you gave us and many movements you have started in our country. With love and friendship. May everyone find peace during this time. Sending sympathies can let the individual know that you care about their grief. You can share religious sympathy messages that are only two words long. King Charles III: A condolence speech laced with political undertones Therefore it is heart-wrenching to begin to accept the loss of such a dedicated patriot of Guyana", The Guyana Private Sector Commission wrote: "He struggled for the working class but never lost sight of the role that the private sector played in helping him to achieve his goal. May the Almighty rest you in peace and keep you on his right hand on his seat of glory. Messages of Condolences. My condolences, and please know that my thoughts are with friends and family. May [Name] memories comfort you. To restate Wangari Maathais words we do not have the rights to either tire or give up. For the full statement from French Authorities, click here. "Fearless fighter for freedom": Political world reacts to death of You have left some beautiful memories that will never fade from my heart. It was a speech laced with political undertones but on the surface respectful to both the late Queen and King Charles. Forever. Short & Simple Condolence Messages - 200+ Examples We have all lost an icon. Site created and maintained by Nadira Jagan-Brancier for However, some comments will bring joy, whereas others will not. King Charles' meeting with EU chief is being criticized. Here's why It is a deeply distressing and painful loss, not only to the environmental movement globally but also to the social justice movement. India lost a great soul & the finest politician. We extend our most sincere condolences to you. Professor Maathai further advanced these objectives through her service in the Kenyan government, the African Union, and the United Nations. When her administration floats a massive foreign-aid bill and has it shot down, a White House press correspondent (who happens to be her friend, and eventual husband) takes her to task for meekly pulling punches with the Republican opposition, and asks, Why are Democrats always so bumfuzzled? At first blush, the randomness of her snappish response seems inapplicable to everyday life, but its a good distraction to leave taunters baffled and momentarily stunned. If your candidate goes down in flames, though, this quote is useful for pointing out that the other guys victory implies something unsavory about him all on its own. Margaret Otieno Chief Executive Officer, Wildlife Clubs of KenyaThe governing council, members and staff of Wildlife Clubs of Kenya (WCK) in the spirit of conservation, pay tribute to a great lady in honour of her care and passion for our environment and concern for the future generations. The news of Shinzo Abe's assassination has prompted messages of shock and condolences from foreign leaders, many of whom worked with Abe during the former Prime Minister's long tenure. Speaking directly to readers, he reiterates the basic idea that anyone with the ambition and ability to take power clearly possesses the exact qualities that will make them apt to mismanage that power. Please accept our condolences on the passing of your brother. From early on, Dr. Maathai was a tireless advocate for the environment, for women and for all those in the developing world who are unable to realize their potential. The departed Professor was the total embodiment of what most of us would like to be. Prayers and fond memories are what we have to remember our dearly departed. Hon. Messages poured into Guyana from around the world, from friends and acquaintances of Cheddi Jagan. We loved you and admired your leadership. Significantly few people have influenced my life the way you did.
Hartshead Pike Walk From Mossley, Apache Case Lid Organizer, Hungarian Musician Zoltan Dies On Stage, Ringworm Healing Stages In Humans, Birmingham Alabama Dog Barking Ordinance, Articles C