Lots of really helpful info! How do you think it will show in this scenario? QUIET MOMENTS 1563. 8 tints in them, meaning that they can change a lot throughout the day as they are quite varied worth checking out! Lattice has an LRV of 61, so its a great light depth, Lattice can just as easily favour the blue over the green OR the green over the blue, giving it TONS of flexibility, Silvermists LRV of 47 puts it on the slightly darker side of the light-medium range, making it great for ONE room. And your choice of whites (the hardest color to choose) was perfect. Light reflectance value is a scale designed to measure how bright a color is, and ranges from absolute black at 0 to sheer white at 100. This color is incredible. The back door is yellow. The cabinets are an off white to cream antiqued color. Would the undertones of SW Krypton on the island cabinets work well with the Grassland, White Dove, and UbaTuba. We just bought a 100 year old home with craftsman details. Benjamin Moore Nimbus Gray. I would like a spark of color, bright, not too dark as I have no windows in the kitchen :/ I appreciate your suggestions. Can you help me? It has a calming, peaceful vibe that can provide a spa-like atmosphere which is perfect for those areas. I'm in Canada and cannot find either Quiet Moments OR colour #1563 in the Benjamin Moore fan deck. Any suggestions? Or, you could choose to use Quiet Moments with other colors to balance it. Do you still recommend the same colors mentioned above? Chantilly Lace OC-65 by Benjamin Moore Simply White OC-117 by Benjamin Moore You may have noticed that my best whites for trim and ceilings are always from the same 6 - 8 white paint colours. They could lighten it by say, 25% for you, which is a subtle shift, but sometimes just enough to do the trick. BOTH of these colours bring some nice contrast against white OR wood trim. sherwin williams glimmer vs sea salt - jnjhomes.co.uk I had the hallways repainted a few years back in a nice light green which doesnt stand out but definitely helps the house look happier and bigger. Caribbean Teal!! Benjamin Moore describes Tranquility as a pale blue blended with sage and gray. I am new to your site and am loving it. It's an organic color that looks great with rustic or farmhouse style decor. ! ~ Angie. Any suggestions? And yes, those darned porch overhangs can kill almost ANY colour, so shell also want to supplement with some good interior lighting to help a colour along . Hi Cindy. Traditional Living Roomby Woodinville Interior Designers & Decorators Interiors. Required fields are marked *, document.getElementById("comment").setAttribute( "id", "ac60e78ba7fc225e8cc4b38c884b1264" );document.getElementById("fbaa035278").setAttribute( "id", "comment" );Comment *. I would love to see a blog about best colors that work with wood trim, since the darker trim obviously brings a darker feel to the room. Sea Salt is a GLOOORIOUS green-gray that OFTEN disguises itself as a blue-gray, so you need to sample it carefully to make sure it gives the look youre going for. I do like Palladian Blue. See my recommendations here: Area Rugs that go with Benjamin Moore Quiet Moments Paint. Their ability to tap into the trendy end of things as well as the traditional means they are my go-to brands when Im doing my Online Paint Colour Consulting. Beach Glass is the type of depth that adds GREAT personality to your walls without overwhelming them with colour. I know this is stressful, if those dont work check out my E-design and maybe I can make some sense of it for you. I would suggest you pair it with lighter grays, black, and even brass tints for a flabbergasting experience. I think it would look great with charcoal! I wanted to paint my house the same color as this house in the below link. Now Im thinking about painting my bedroom in it. Could you recommend an awesome duo please? Beach Glass has an LRV of 50, so its on the slightly darker side of the light-medium range but BLUER and lighter than Silvermist. Take a look at SW Pure White . Todays favorite paint color is Benjamin Moore Quiet Moments, #1563. We dont have power so there isnt any other light source during the day- but our days are long in the summer (18 hours) so light isnt an issue. I give as much info as I can for free on my site, but if that doesnt work I recommend the e-design so I can get up close and personal with photos/questionnaire. Really though, I take a deep breath just LOOKING at Ocean Air. Hi Orly, thank you for the note! Kitchen Cabinets Painted with Gray Wisp Notice in the above photos how the colour can rise or fall back depending on the light its getting. Beautiful color. The Quiet Moment walls are the perfect complement to the warm wood floors and white trim in this remodeled kitchen and eating area from The Idea Room. Check out my Online Paint Colour Consulting packages Id love to help! BTW, Lattice is QUITE similar to Sherwin Williams Front Porch if youre looking for a colour to compare it with. Its a light depth blue with a touch of green and a more passive gray backdrop, leaving more colour on the table (or on the wall would be more the point). Try it if you ever get the opportunity. If you would like me to see some photos of your home and its features, you can check out my E-design where I have packages exactly for this situation! 10 Best Neutral Paint Colors That Never Go Out of Style - The Spruce Sometimes its that subtle tweak of undertones that does the trick! Another challenge is I can BET you that this photo was edited. So tired of gray! Check this out. LRV of Benjamin Moore Quiet Moments (Shade #1563), Quiet Moments Paint Compared to Other Colors, Benjamin Moore Quiet Moments vs Beach Glass, Benjamin Moore Quiet Moments vs Palladian Blue, Real Life Homes Using Benjamin Moore Quiet Moments, Benjamin Moore Cloud White + 29 Real Homes that Use It . The one with the white bedspread What is the colour called? Now, I know you have a hate in for pink but I have to say I feel very cozy and calm in my midtown Toronto apartment painted in Behr Malted A grayed down Bandaid pink paired with white trim, deep navy bedside tables, gold lamps and some dark wood (husband). Quiet Moments is a cool color. If that interests you, heres the link https://www.kylieminteriors.ca/online-decorating-design-services/. I LOVE Smoke, and I wish I had a photo of it for you, but it keeps disappearing into thin airget it? Quiet Moments is soft and muted enough to be your color and neutral workhorse. As always, thank you Jacob! Literally over 30 people have stopped and admired it. I really love that porch and how the color goes so.well with all the pieces!!! These are just general blobs, not specific colours, Shown above, Benjamin Moore Sea Reflections. I have the color wheat bread from behr, and agreable gray sw throught my first floor. Its soft and elegant and looks wonderful with the crisp white trim paint and bathtub. Do you want to learn more about colour, either for your own home or your clients homes? Hi Betty! Lets take a break with this relaxing color and find out how it looks in real homes. It still looks beautiful and the accents are perfect with the color. In our last home Palladium Blue looked amazing in a south facing bright room but the room was separate from the rest of the house. I would have to refer you to my E-design, where I do have the Quick Consult option as well! I hope you read my comment and reply. Now between beach glass and bm silver marlin. I have bought at least 25 different shades of gray. Benjamin Moore Quiet Moments is an aqua paint color that definitely leans more toward the green side of things with a good bit of gray undertone to it. The carpet is dark gray. With a North facing living room, I have to be careful! Hmmmmm, youve intrigued me. Flipping Houses | Home Renovation in Silicon Valley I think it would, but I recommend trying a sample first to make sure it will give you the look youre wanting. So many of todays most popular blues have a lot of green in them not these two. I love rich colors with white trim. So I took my time. Benjamin Moore describes Tranquility as a pale blue blended with sage and gray. Loved the information you provided and especially your encouragement to use color! It changes with the day but remains peaceful and calm. https://www.kylieminteriors.ca/online-decorating-design-services/. Lighting and editing as well as screen setting in online images may make them appear different than they look in reality. These are all really pretty! It has a comparable LRV of 63, so theyre about equally light. Quiet Moments by Benjamin Moore - Decorated Life Sea Salt is one of the top choices regarding shades of green-blue-gray. And remember, I rely 100% on photos from my E-Design clients, so in some cases, I dont have JUST the photo I need, but Ive created a paint blob (super technical term) to show you the general idea. We painted our bedroom a few months ago, but havent finished the furnishings yet. Benjamin Moore White Sand Color Review - Jacob Owens Designs I also love! The undertones can shift slightly at 25%, but not drastically :). Sea Salt is well known for going greenish in one room (which its foundation suggests it SHOULD) but then in another room it goes blue/gray! I found it to be as you describe. And while it has its place in many homes due to its PLACEMENT in the fan deck, I think it gets missed a lot! In my bedroom I have SW Topsail, but the Creamy paint does not look right. With a more shadowed space I would imagine that it might go a bit more green/blue in the morning and then more gray/blue in the afternoon when the sun is opposite. Im having my whole house painted in a week and a half . What do you think? Summary of Problem. I happened upon Palladian Blue years ago and painted my mothers dining room in it. Would this color do well in a north facing bedroom and east facing bathroom? If youd like me to take a look at things I do have a fabulous and affordable E-design service and then you can get the answers youre looking for! Perhaps you can help me solve a color mystery? The outcome depends on many factors such as lighting and wood tones in the room. Comfort Gray has an LRV of 54. Hi Lisa, it could be lovely! The bad thing is I am now considering painting AGAIN a slightly different color. I think it is really hard to get blues right. Thank you so much for your input! One Room Package Share JR I just think Aegean Teal is a bit limiting, which means less people can use it! The Benjamin Moore Quiet Moments paint color is one of the most popular pale blue paint colors. Unfortunately due to the amount of emails/questions I get in a day Im unable to answer personal questions. What colors are similar to Quiet Moments? This did help a lot to see the colors in a room also. These are beautiful colors. Please help. Put them together, and what do you get? I am trying to update my kitchen without changing our Uba Tuba countertops. It goes very well with antique decor. Laura. Smoke is on the blue-green side of things, but ONLY slightly. Great post and good timing! Maybe even a handsome fella like Doug. The 2 colors look gorgeous together! And if you are going absolutely crazy Ill leave you with the thought that it COULD be a custom colour. A great restful color. I stumbled on your blog while searching Pinterest for the perfect gray for our large space that doesnt get a ton of sunlight. Get Benjamin Moore Paints delivered right to your door. I painted my small dining room in Quiet Moments plus the music room that opens up on the back of it ( think not so great room). Hi Kylie, With each color, we discuss we will also discuss the undertones. We took your advice on tweaking colors by mixing 2 gals SW Comfort Gray with 1 gal Sea Salt for the bedroom then used straight Sea Salt in the bath. I think your rug choice has a lot of variables. I love using this color for several reasons. Im trying to figure out lighter tones that will work with the beautiful medium stained woodwork in the house. sounds like youre spinning in gray circles. This light and subtle color looks beige in some lights, but leans more gray in others. I hope that helps! In my bathroom it looks suede blue but in my living room it looks like dull seafoam., ruffled duvet cover //wall art // nightstand//lamps//tufted headboard//medallion throw pillow// area rug// buffalo check fabric //buffalo check bedding // Toile shams & bedskirt, Looking for an area rug to go with Quiet Moments? Hmmmm, this is feeling good. Now, of course, there are psychological reasons as to why some colours are more calming than others. Any blue-green colors will work with their components, so any colors from these families are potential color companions too. Pam, Im looking for the same exact color for the same style house! The LRV for Benjamin Moore OC-54 White Wisp is 79.23. Benjamin Moore Thunder AF-685 is a soft neutral gray paint color that will add sophistication to any space. She cannot wait to get a different shade up on the walls! what color do you suggest. I dont know about you, but with everything thats going on in this wild world of ours, I think we could all use some stress reduction via wine, a funnel and a sensual massage from Ryan Gosling (or Jennifer Lopez, depending on your preferences). Beach Style Bedroom by Jacksonville Interior Designers & Decorators Andrew Howard Interior Design It is a VERY soft pale greenish gray. It's perfectly balanced mixture of warm beige and modern gray allows it to compliment both traditional browns (ie: dark wood tables & furniture) as well as current popular gray materials (ie: ash-gray flooring & gray tiles) Visiting from Canada? It has a stronger gray side than Quiet Moments does, and comes across as more shaded. Quiet Moments is light enough to serve as a backdrop for this hallway gallery wall, while adding a pop of personality. And nothing reduces stress like picking paint colours RIGHT? I still think you might need a WINK more gray in it, but I think its on the right track. Any advice would be appreciated. Sometimes it looks green (but a nice green no pea soup) and then I can be standing at my kitchen sink looking into the living room during afternoon when the sun has moved to the other side of the house, and it looks gray. Hi Jan! Perfect in just about any room! I am considering repainting the master bedroom Wedgewood Gray. He has successfully helped me with several projects in the past & this turned out even better than I had imagined!! I NEED help. Not sure what LRV is? Woodlawn has an LRV of 61, so its light but not SUPER bright. Duxbury Gray, considerably darker with more green. Calming Paint Colour: Benjamin Moore Wickham Gray HC-171 If you're not a fan of undertones (knowing that EVERY gray will have them ), but want a LITTLE bit of interest, you might like the approach of Wickham Gray. Thank you Celeste, that is SW Collonade Gray (mad love), Hi Kylie, I have enjoyed reading your blog and appreciate all the great information regarding paint colors. . Quiet Moments has a light reflectance value (LRV) of 60.73. Revere Pewter Benjamin Moore Paint Color Review, Benjamin Moore Collingwood Paint Color Review, Benjamin Moore Silver Satin Paint Color Review, Benjamin Moore White Dove Paint Color Review, Hale Navy by Benjamin Moore Paint Color Review, Benjamin Moore Pale Oak Paint Color Review, Benjamin Moore Chantilly Lace Paint Color Review, Benjamin Moore Balboa Mist Paint Color Review, Benjamin Moore Decorators White Paint Color Review, Benjamin Moore Stonington Gray Paint Color Review, Benjamin Moore Aegean Teal Paint Color Review, 9 of the Best Benjamin Moore Green Paint Colors, 10 of the Best Benjamin Moore Bedroom Paint Colors, 11 Best Benjamin Moore Greige Paint Colors. Need some ideas to help you get started? I love the color, Im just not sure where to go with the accessories. Hi Meredith! Thank you Kylie, makes it feel like things are just normal! Hot DAMN, I love this colour! I have been trying to find a gray paint that doesnt turn purple. One of Benjamin Moores most popular paint colors, heres what one pinner says about it: My favorite color ever. Anyway, I usually talk too much. I hope that helps! I just have to choose. but the more I do the more colors I like! So, I started at Underseas which is like a green with some blue/gray and it felt TOOOO green. Painters, plumbers, carpenters & workers (men) all said it is one of the prettiest rooms they have seen! Quiet Moments paint color is almost equal parts light blue and green with gray undertones. It can be considered a greige because of the yellow and gray it has in it. This bedroom is both cheerful and calm with Quiet Moments on the walls. My house is a quaint Cape Cod (code for small rooms and low ceilings :0) I tend toward traditional or transitional but Im open to new ideas. My painter thought I was nuts until he was finished and then realized that day or night the colors of the walls looked uniform as if they had all been painted the same exact color. Since I love sea salt, wondering how comfort grey will look. Benjamin Moore Gray Paint Colors Gray is by far the most popular paint color but there is so much to learn when trying to pick the right gray. Silver Marlin has an LRV of 57, so its a light-medium tone. Very nice for bathrooms and bedrooms. I didnt buy my furniture yet, so I am not sure what are the cokors, but definitely something neutral. Thank you, The first consultant came out and we just looked at swatches. If its shaded? While Silver Marlin doesnt get as much attention as others in this list, it is one of the BEST light-medium depth shades. Everyone thinks this bathroom is beautiful now, including us! When it comes to the most popular shades of blue-green-gray paint colours, youll be hard-pressed to find brands better than Sherwin Williams and Benjamin Moore. Hi Kylie, I love the paint colour at the top of this post. Sherwin Williams Sea Salt (Complete Review and Color Matches!) 7 Comfort Gray vs Gray Wisp ideas | comfort gray, painting bathroom Calming Paint Colour: Benjamin Moore Pink Bliss 2093-70. Will sea salt work well in an east facing, low light room? A Blue-Green Blend Sherwin Williams Silver Strand, The 9 Best Benjamin Moore Purple Paint Colours, QUICK Paint Colour Review of Sherwin Williams Gossamer Veil, Paint Colour Review of Sherwin Williams Sea Salt, Paint Colour Review of Benjamin Moore Balboa Mist. In the above room, the wood tones, fabrics, and trim all work together beautifully to create a calming, serene space thats very desirable in any bedroom. The rug doesnt need to be washable as I dont have kids or pets but often have summer guests. THINK AGAIN! It would be great for a porch ceiling! For example, in some circles, pink is a stress-reducing colour. I absolutely love this blue gray green as it is fresh and bright but soft and changes depth of tint in different light levels. If youre a fan of purple, Abalone is a great way to nod towards it, without going full-out Barney. Calming Paint Colour: Benjamin Moore Ocean Air 2123-50. But another neutral partner that can work nicely with Quiet Moments is a soft gray, which can be in tandem with the white or on its own. Please help! What colors coordinate with Quiet Moments? by | Jan 25, 2023 | when do pecan trees lose their leaves | congestion worse after sinus rinse | Jan 25, 2023 | when do pecan trees lose their leaves | congestion worse after sinus rinse Gray Wisp 1570 | Benjamin Moore Gray Wisp 1570 This light gray gets its calm from a drop of aloe green. Blue-green colours tend to look warmer than colours that are blue-purple (although both are traditionally cool colours). It's funny, but in the original post, I had a troll who hated the colors. Do you want to learn more about colour, either for your own home or your clients homes? Hi Angie Its a natural fit for rooms where we want to feel refreshed and relaxed, like bathrooms and bedrooms. Its hit-and-miss whether Silvermist caters to its blue side or its green one! Quiet Moments on shiplap makes an eye-catching focal wall, and coordinates beautifully with the gray and white marble in this bathroom. This is a subtle colour with its blue-green blend and soft gray backdrop. Hello Kylie, Im painting my kitchen cabinets in BM Collingwood and wanted to add a touch of grey blue to the island. a) they tend to look a good 1/2 tone lighter once they are applied 2 coats on the large scale and b) the undertones tend to come up more on the large scale compared to the smaller sample. I get SO many compliments on the color and I always give you 100% credit! Pin me! I hope that helps! This beautiful gray has deep green undertones but mainly, in ample sunlight - it appears true green. The cabin is in Alaska and gets natural light due to windows. If you put some fabric or fiber with your swatch it is easier to make the best choice. The first two ladies said my counters had warm grays in it and the third lady said it looked cool. If youre instincts have you worried though, it might be smart to look to a slightly more gray optionwomens instincts are usually pretty good on these things . If the room has reasonably good lighting from the exterior yes. This years most popular trending color is green. I want to put a little color on the island because I think the Uba Tuba and all that white might be a little much for me. Thank you for visiting! I need to paint the exterior of my house . So Quiet Moments is right in that sweet spot! ORIGINALLY WRITTEN IN 2019, UPDATED FOR YOU IN MID 2021. Call it turquoise, teal, robins egg, call it whatever the heck you want I call it awesome. Hi Jessie! Just wondering what you might think of my paint choices or even recommend something else for the bathroom or bedroom. Mount Saint Anne is super popular for a calm coastal look. If I lighten Mindful will it go blue like Repose? If youre not a fan of undertones (knowing that EVERY gray will have them), but want a LITTLE bit of interest, you might like the approach of Wickham Gray. Here, youll find hundreds of articles on how to create the home of your dreams. You can go here to see more of that space. Whether youre a beginner or well-versed in the colour world, these fun online courses will take your colour education to the NEXT LEVEL! In a few weeks Ill be putting out a colour review on it and the colour ISSW Collonade Gray! I will be checking out your suggestions for the next two months????. The higher the number, the brighter the color. Wickham Gray by Benjamin Moore is also a pretty blue-green and is similar to Sea Salt by Sherwin Williams. The second lady recommended Worldly Gray and it turned out looking purple during the day and mauve at night. Wickham is a light gray paint colour with a blue-green undertone. I am impressed with your blog and familiarity with colors. This room gets a great deal of natural light and is on the second level. Thanks for the details of the space. Woodlawn Blue Benjamin Moore: Very slight less green/one shade lighter than Wedgewood. I painted it in "Gray Wisp" which is a blue/green/gray. walls. If you like Wickham Gray, you might also like, Benjamin Moore Stonington Gray / Sherwin Williams Front Porch, Read more: QUICK Paint Colour Review of Sherwin Williams Gossamer Veil, 8. This post contains affiliate links for your convenience. Son Gncelleme : 26 ubat 2023 - 6:36. But you are welcome to look through our photos. I know I want a blue-lots of white wainscoting. Please pin this graphic to Pinterest for reference. As an Amazon Associate decoratedlife.com earns from qualifying purchases. But hey, if you love pink, I can give you the prettiest pink out there. If you wanted to DOWNPLAY your oak, well that might not be the best approach, but overall, I think the combo could be very pretty! I chose 2 colors next to each other on the color strip. This paint has an LRV of 57.46 - thus, being on the medium end of the scale! I love the Caribbean teal!!! Benjamin Moore Gray Wisp Benjamin Moore Gray Owl Gray Owl has been one of Benjamin Moore's bestselling paint colors for about 4-5 years now and it's no surprise because it is a gorgeous and very versatile light warm gray. Quiet Moments - Benjamin Moore So well with new flooring and older items I have to love with right now. Anyway. Remodelaholic | 5 Tricks for Choosing the Perfect Paint Color I can assure you those are not the right colors. The 16 Best Paint Colours with Oak or Wood Cabinets & Trim, While I dont have many photos of Silvermist yet, its a STUNNER that I get asked about ALL the time in my Online Paint Colour Consulting! I love this color too! I just had my master bath painted Sea Salt too. I dont have curtains yet, my dishes are white and besides the dining room table, a round table with a lamp, and a tall oak cabinet with glass doors, there is little else to determine how I decorate. Gibraltar Cliffs has an LRV of 30, so while its slightly darker, the colour of it rises nicely, especially when hit with a dash of natural light! Since Quiet Moments is in between blue, green, and gray, it might be hard to match it exactly so I recommend a rug that will complement it. See, you arent losing your mind! All Rights Reserved. Kyl ie, I painted a large bedroom (it has a window on the east and a window on the.south sides of my home) SW Aleutian. I knowthere are pink lovers out there and while I see the beauty of it, its just not my jam, but Im GLAD its yours there is a colour for everyone! This is my all-time favorite color! I painted my powder room BM Mineral Alloy in November and cannot a get used to the color. The Best Benjamin Moore Gray Paint Colors - At Lane and High Hi, what is the difference between SW comfort grey and BM Tranquility? I love this color and your ideas for it. I can smell it right now literallyI live on an island. Earl Gray on the shiplap fireplace see the WHOLE room transformation HERE. On the left its solid colour stain on the right is semi (which is what they did on the house based on several of the photos). Next up the master bedroom. Benjamin Moore Thunder AF-685- A NEW Favorite Gray - West Magnolia Charm Lots of light there, and it looks beautiful. Its hard to toss one off the top of my head without seeing your countertop/flooring/backsplash as there are different types of gray-blue (ones that flash slightly purple and ones that can flash slightly green) and if you choose the wrong one, it would totally clash! Hi Leo! The furniture is a warm medium oak color. Learn how your comment data is processed. I appreciate your help! Benjamin Moore Quiet Moments Review | Cool Gray Paint ColorsBenjamin Moore Quiet Moments is a cool gray that has some blue and green to it, making it a great. Decorated Life is reader-supported. Heres a breakdown of the colors on this Quiet Moments color palette: You can grab a free downloadable copy of it when you subscribe to my newsletter below. benjamin moore tranquility vs beach glass BM also has a special line of paints called Colour Stories Collection which they dont have paint chips of. I LOOOVE Silver Marlin. I get so excited when my clients try it out as its soooo lovely! I tried to lighten in by 50 percent but I've been staring at these colors for so long that I can't even tell. Whole House Paint Color Scheme with Photos The most beautiful color in exactly the right room. Gray Cashmere has an LRV of 65 the highest on this page! Benjamin Moore Gentle Gray. Oh yes!
The Flats Hotel Fresno, Ca, Articles B