The form does not ask for a social security number. These customers note that when they purchased their U by Kotex Sleek Tampons, they never expected the tampons to break apart with regular use, leaving pieces inside their bodiesand had they known, they would never have purchased the product in the first place. How do I enable in-stream ads on Facebook? CleanWear Ultra-Thin Pads with Wings, Regular, Security Ultra-Thin Pads with Wings, Regular, CleanWear Ultra-Thin Pads with Wings, Heavy, Security Ultra-Thin Pads with Wings, Heavy, Teen Ultra-Thin Pads with Wings, Extra Absorbency, Teen Ultra-Thin Pads with Wings, Overnight Protection, Allnighter Ultra-Thin Pads with Wings, Overnight, Security Ultra-Thin Pads with Wings, Overnight, Allnighter Ultra-Thin Pads with Wings, Extra Heavy Overnight, Security Maxi Pads with Wings, Overnight, Security Maxi Pads with Wings, Extra Heavy Overnight, DreamWear Disposable Overnight Period Underwear, Large, DreamWear Disposable Overnight Period Underwear, Small/Medium, Click Compact Tampons, Regular/Super/Super Plus, Security LightDays Liners, Extra Coverage, Security LightDays Wrapped Liners, Long, Whats your favorite U by Kotex product? View cart for details. I thought the same thing about survey ?. If you have experienced any of these symptoms, it is important to seek emergency treatment immediately, as toxic shock syndrome can be fatal. Copyright 1995-2023 eBay Inc. All Rights Reserved. - U by Kotex Unscented Security Tampons Super Plus 32 per box (32 total) - NEW! In the following decades, sanitary pads underwent additional changes and improvements. (1) U by Kotex Security Tampon Regular Absorbency Unscented 16 Ct NEW U by Kotex feminine products are now FSA-eligible in the U.S. U by Kotex Security Multipack Tampons expand all around to capture and absorb fluid for period protection in every direction Designed for trusted protection - full-size tampon is easy to insert with a smooth applicator https://topclassactions.com/wp-admin/admin-ajax.php. drug injury lawsuits and product liability lawsuits. You shouldnt feel it once its in, so if there still is pain or discomfort, you may not have inserted it correctly. Creative Advertising : Trees For Cities: Swing, Advertising Campaign : OFFICIAL SELECTION: Paolo Cecchin, Cora Organic Cotton Tampons, Super Plus (36 Count) ($16) Coras tampons are on our list of the best organic ones. Tampons work just as well for girls who are virgins as they do for girls who have had sex. status of any class action settlement claim. To revisit this article, select My Account, thenView saved stories. https://topclassactions.com/wp-admin/admin-ajax.php. Best Plastic-Free: Rael Organic Tampons. Some have contacted the company directly with their complaints, and others have used online forums to make their issues known. Kimberly-Clark Announces Voluntary Recall of U by Kotex Sleek Tampons, Regular Absorbency,Throughout U.S. and Canada This recall has been completed and FDA has terminated this recall. The form does not request a social security number. The https:// ensures that you are connecting to the official website and that any information you provide is encrypted and transmitted securely. We have successfully received your information. Get incredible all day comfort with a range of tampons that are super-absorbent. If you're a U . That way the tampon should slip in easier. The specific tampons included in this recall are the U by Kotex Sleek Tampons, Regular Absorbency, manufactured between Oct. 7, 2016 and Oct. 16, 2018, and distributed between Oct. 17, 2016 and Oct. 23, 2018. Organic 100% Cotton Tampons. Another familiar one: Tampax is similar to Kotex in that these are your everyday, typical tampons. Safety Alerts, Unraveling and/or coming apart upon removal, An official website of the United States government, : Infographic : Using Cognitive Functions To Unlock the ENFP Personality Types Unique Gifts . Kimberly-Clark is recalling regular absorbency U by Kotex Sleek tampons in the United States and Canada after reports of the tampons unraveling or coming apart upon removal. A tampon may hurt the first time you try to insert it, but it shouldnt be bad. In fact, some experts say there may be no way to tell if a woman is a virgin, even with gynecological tests. the content you have visited before, Advertising: Gather personally identifiable information such as name and location, Advertising: Use information for tailored advertising with third parties, Advertising: Allow you to connect to social sites, Advertising: Identify device you are using. All rights reserved. The settlement agreement totals $7,000,000, and it will pay claims for customers who purchased one or more boxes of U by Kotex tampon products. This website is not intended for viewing or usage by European Union citizens. Additionally, recent shifts in consumer preferences have caused more people to turn to natural, organic, and eco-friendly products over traditional ones, which may have contributed to Kotex discontinuing its tampons. So far, a number of consumers have come forward to issue complaints about Regular Absorbency U by Kotex Sleek Tampons. Some tampons may also have seams along the sides to help the tampon expand and fit comfortably inside, as well as help create an additional seal against leakage. Kotex Tampons discontinued - What tampons are similar to this? The material on this site may not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with the prior written permission of Cond Nast. U by Kotex on Twitter: "We're pushing past society's old cycle of 1 x Kotex Unscented Security Tampons Super Plus 18ct One Box New Brand New $42.99 Save up to 20% when you buy more or Best Offer Free shipping Sponsored X2 U by Kotex Security Tampons - SUPER PLUS - 18 per box - RARE / Discontinued Brand New $79.99 Buy It Now Free shipping Free returns Sponsored Modems & Routers | I Answer 11 Questions You Likely Have. Kotex Security Super Plus Security Tampons 36ct, Customs services and international tracking provided, (4) Boxes U by Kotex Security Tampons SUPER Absorbency Unscented 16 Ct, - (4) Boxes U by Kotex Security Tampons SUPER Absorbency Unscented 16 Ct, 1 New Sealed Box U by Kotex Security Tampons Super Plus UnScented 18 Count, U By Kotex Security Tampons Super Plus Unscented, NEW SEALED, 18 Ct, - U By Kotex Security Tampons Super Plus Unscented, NEW SEALED, 18 Ct, 2 Boxes U by Kotex Unscented Security Tampons Super Plus 16 per box (32 total), - 2 Boxes U by Kotex Unscented Security Tampons Super Plus 16 per box (32 total), (1 Pack) U By Kotex Security Tampons , Super plus 32 Count UNSCENTED, New sealed Kotex Security Tampons Super Plus Absorbency 18 per box 2002 usa made, U by Kotex Security Tampons, Super Plus Absorbency, Unscented, 32 Count - 1 Pack. Why did Kotex change their pads? Here's what to know about Kotex Security tampons lawsuit, Kotex tampon shortage and tampons that are like Kotex Security tampons. I am very disappointed in this product as well as I do not look forward to ever find any of any upcoming products made by this particular name or brand in the distant future. Most recently, the company has added U by Kotex to its line of menstrual hygiene products. Tampons are completely safe to use, and kids as young as 10 years old can use them if they are comfortable with using them. The 6 Best Tampons For Beginners, According To Gynecologists. Who are the football players in the new Doritos commercial? FOR SALE! On: July 7, 2022 Asked by: Kennedy Rowe Advertisement CNN reported on the U by Kotex tampons recall issue, noting that a small number of users who were allegedly affected by the defective tampons reported that they had developed infections, injury, or irritations after using the products. "Go to a GYN so they can look with a speculum and pull out any pieces. They offer a higher level of comfort, as well as better protection compared to regular tampons. Now I am just hearing about the recall on the U brand by Kotex sleek Tampons which I prodicted for my self and them often.. of us ladies had our cycle on the same giving days. Kotex tampons come in a variety of absorbencies, features and scents and are available in stores worldwide. Terms and Conditions. And even though using a tampon can occasionally cause a girls hymen to stretch or tear, it does not cause a girl to lose her virginity. This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged. It was common for women to keep the pads inside of muslin bags. / Trademarks of Kimberly-Clark Worldwide, Inc. or its affiliates KCWW. Today, period pads have advanced in terms of materials and design and now come in several forms such as light, regular, heavy, and overnight. Copyright The specific lot numbers on the bottom of the package can help customers determine whether or not their tampons were included as part of this Kotex tampons recall. All Kotex tampons are designed for superior absorbency and comfort. Total 36, U by Kotex Tampons Click Super 32 Count Tampons New. Kimberly-Clark Ultra tampons are the most absorbent, holding between 15 to 18 ounces. All in all, period poverty is an issue with many underlying factors, and it is essential that we ensure that period products are accessible, affordable, and not stigmatized. Ultimately, Kotex tampons are designed to be a reliable and comfortable product for menstrual flow management. Which direction do I watch the Perseid meteor shower? settlement administrator or your attorney for any updates regarding Spotting occurs when a small amount of blood passes through the vagina between periods. Gently slide the applicator into your vagina until your fingers touch your body. Their slender tip means it's easier to use while offering you superior leakage protection with the last line of defence. Please contact me immediately of any updates or the status of this claim, I am not giving my personal information to anyone, especially my social security #. Something went wrong. Who's Eligible Consumers who purchased U by Kotex tampons between March 8, 2013, and Nov. 19, 2019. Kotex has decided to discontinue their tampons due to decreasing demand and changes in the menstrual product market. Testers liked the ease of use features such as the tabs on the wrapper, making it easier to open and the grips on the applicator for easy insertion. if(typeof ez_ad_units!='undefined'){ez_ad_units.push([[250,250],'remodelormove_com-mobile-leaderboard-2','ezslot_30',168,'0','0'])};__ez_fad_position('div-gpt-ad-remodelormove_com-mobile-leaderboard-2-0');if(typeof ez_ad_units!='undefined'){ez_ad_units.push([[250,250],'remodelormove_com-mobile-leaderboard-2','ezslot_31',168,'0','1'])};__ez_fad_position('div-gpt-ad-remodelormove_com-mobile-leaderboard-2-0_1');.mobile-leaderboard-2-multi-168{border:none!important;display:block!important;float:none!important;line-height:0;margin-bottom:15px!important;margin-left:auto!important;margin-right:auto!important;margin-top:15px!important;max-width:100%!important;min-height:250px;min-width:250px;padding:0;text-align:center!important}Founded in 1872, Kimberly-Clark is the worlds leading manufacturer of tissues, paper towels, and other related products. Tampax Pure tampons are less widely accessible . status of any class action settlement claim. 2. The oldest known tampon dates back to 1000 BC, and was discovered by archaeologists in Europe. Heavy menstrual bleeding means that your periods are heavier or longer than normal. This was an unfair and false advertisement as well as a defective product that did not work well in the feminine world or advertised as a great feminine product knowing that this product leaves harmful products in two the female bus trees and cause very serious side effects. Attorneys review the forms and will contact you directly if you qualify. U by Kotex Unscented Security Tampons SUPER PLUS 16ct DISCONTINUED! Please add me. Kimberly-Clark has issued a voluntary recall of some U by Kotex tampons, after a quality-related defect caused the tampons to come apart inside of consumers bodies, leaving pieces behind after the tampon was removed. The Kotex recall, announced this week, comes after reports that U by Kotex tampons (the regular absorbency variety) were unraveling or breaking apart when women tried to remove them. Since 1920, Kotex has been producing superior quality, cotton-rich tampons that are free of chlorine, dyes, and fragrances. Original Non-Applicator Tampons, Ultra Absorbancy (40 Count) ($6), Seventh Generation Organic Cotton Tampons. Through these qualitative changes, Kotex has been able to keep up with the changing needs of women and remain the leading sanitary pad provider. If at any point you no longer want these benefits, you can unsubscribe or submit a request to delete your information. Picture Information. Kotex discontinued their line of security tampons and expect their customers to go to the crappy 'click' style where the plunger is made to be collapsible in the packaging before you use it. Security Tampons have been discontinued. Legal Statement. Which Products Were Affected by the Kotex Tampons Recall? Kimberly-Clark announced a voluntary product recall of its U by Kotex Sleek Tampons, Regular Absorbency, sold throughout the United States and Canada for a quality-related defect that could impact the performance of this product. ", 2023 Cond Nast. At this absorbency, there are options available with and without applicators. If you've received a clean bill of health and you still find that regular - absorbency tampons don't cut it, you'll probably benefit from upgrading to super, super-plus, or even ultra tampons.. drug injury lawsuits and product liability lawsuits. Your privacy is important to us and we want to ensure you have control over your data. Stay protected from leaks and confident throughout your day with U By Kotex Security regular tampons featuring a smooth applicator for easy, comfortable insertion. In some cases, users . Kotex Assembled Product Weight 1.000 lb Assembled Product Dimensions (L x W x H) 4.56 x 8.85 x 5.56 Inches Indications Stop Use Indications Discontinue use immediately if irritation develops. if(typeof ez_ad_units!='undefined'){ez_ad_units.push([[580,400],'remodelormove_com-medrectangle-3','ezslot_2',155,'0','0'])};__ez_fad_position('div-gpt-ad-remodelormove_com-medrectangle-3-0');No, Kotex is not owned by Tampax. U by Kotex Security Tampons SUPER Unscented 16 Count New Sealed Free Doctor left the room abruptly after. The article includes a link to a form you can fill out to determine if you qualify to participate in a class action investigation. Are OB tampons being discontinued? Lot Of 2 U By Kotex SUPER Security Tampons UNSCENTED 18 Count Boxes. Rates of reported TSS cases associated with tampons have declined significantly over the years. Specific lot numbers can be used to identify whether products are part of the recall. The information you provide will be used to personalize your experience with U by Kotex and Kimberly-Clark brands so that we can make our offers more relevant and send helpful reminders if interested. The brand was first launched in the U. S. in 1920, and since then it has grown to become a trusted, reliable name in feminine hygiene. Why did Kotex discontinue their security tampons? "Kimberly-Clark has received reports from consumers of the U by Kotex Sleek Tampons, Regular Absorbency, unraveling and/or coming apart upon removal, and in some cases causing users to seek. Kotex U Security Tampons, Super Plus Absorbency, Unscented, 45 Count document.getElementById( "ak_js_2" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); document.getElementById( "ak_js_3" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); document.getElementById( "ak_js_4" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); Please note: Top Class Actions is not a settlement Please add me i buy for me and my 3daugthers, Add me when I used them i.was In so much pain when I used them hurt so bad. The lawsuit was filed against the company for a variety of violations including breach of express and implied warranties, unjust enrichment, negligence, and consumer fraud. Out of desperation I just spent almost $100 on Amazon ordering a few big packs but I know Amazon's supply will run out eventually Why are Kotex tampons being discontinued? By: Author Olin Wade (Remodel or Move Stuff). No. It is safe to sleep with a tampon in as long as its not for more than eight hours. Free shipping for many products! Your effort and contribution in providing this feedback is much No other Kotex products are affected by this recall, the company said. Move fearlessly through your white denim days with tampons that are designed to comfortably expand to prevent leaks. U By Kotex : Tampons : Target I believe discontinuing this product is a bad decision and I personally will not be using the regular click Ukotex tampons as they are not as comfortable to wear as the security tampon, the sting on the replacement tampons breaks off/ apart while removing, and the tampon leaves behind debris after removal, they are also not made for heavy flow The decision to discontinue U by Kotex Security tampons was strictly a business decision. The site is secure. The news was revealed to the public with the help of the official website of the cortex. "If you think you have something left behind, do not try to explore further since you may push it in deeper," Dr. Gupta says. With the help of their innovative designs, Kotex tampons provide reliable long-term protection. Kotex ad, painted by Coby Whitmore (1950) Kotex is an American brand of menstrual hygiene products, which includes the Kotex maxi, thin and ultra thin pads, the Security tampons, and the Lightdays pantiliners. CNN Sans & 2016 Cable News Network. Regular absorbency tampons expand to naturally fit your body, absorbing 6-9 grams of fluid. expected to be mailed out. No, Kotex still produces their original tampons. Theyre a simple way to stay feeling feminine and fresh. Free shipping. The products are manufactured and distributed by Kimberly-Clark, a leading multinational personal care company based in Dallas, Texas. (Theyre also the hardest to find in brick-and-mortar stores). The product recall is specific to our U by Kotex Sleek Tampons, Regular Absorbency for a quality-related defect that could impact the performance of this product. Consumers now have a wider selection of products available, including newer period-care items like menstrual cups and period-proof underwear. Seventh Generation Tampon with Comfort Applicator. Stay protected from leaks and confident throughout your day with U by Kotex Security Tampons featuring a smooth applicator for easy, comfortable insertion. Following this, thick pads that were made of foam and plastic were introduced in the 1980s. Did you encounter any technical issues? document.getElementById("ak_js_1").setAttribute("value",(new Date()).getTime()); Your email address will not be published. Furthermore, stigma and shame surrounding menstruation often leads to people not discussing these issues or advocating for them, contributing to the lack of access to period products. . Keeping this in consideration, What tampons are similar to Kotex Security? No other U by Kotex-branded products are subject to this recall. Was there a referendum to join the EEC in 1973. if(typeof ez_ad_units!='undefined'){ez_ad_units.push([[580,400],'remodelormove_com-medrectangle-4','ezslot_3',156,'0','0'])};__ez_fad_position('div-gpt-ad-remodelormove_com-medrectangle-4-0'); These newer options work better for some and that may explain why Kotex is no longer seeing the same level of demand for their tampons. The Best Tampons For Heavy Periods - Elite Daily Which Products Were Affected by the Kotex Tampons Recall? Who is most powerful machine in the Matrix? Click Compact tampons are discreet, pocket-sized tampons that offer full-sized protection during your menstrual cycle. Some women wear a sanitary pad or slender tampon when they notice an increase in vaginal discharge, says Ross. What is the difference between pads and pantiliners? Decide which cookies you want to allow. Kotex is by the far the worst tampon I have ever used. For information on deleting the cookies, please consult your browsers help function. The product defect isn't just uncomfortable-sounding; it could cause serious health risks, according to Adeeti Gupta, M.D., a gynecologist and founder of Walk In GYN Care in New York. Exercise for pelvic floor muscles. Each, - (2) U By Kotex Click Compact Tampons-Super Plus Absorbency-Unscented-16ct. Additionally, there is often a lack of information about these services, which makes them harder to access. Tampons have been under increased scrutiny by scientists and lawmakers in recent years as researchers begin to look into how the chemicals used to make thembleach, pesticides, fragrancesmight be affecting your vaginal health. ( 2 ) U by Kotex Security Tampons SUPER Unscented ~ 18 Each. These tampons are specifically designed with a unique, patent-pending side-pocket shape that locks in moisture to provide exceptional leak protection. So how do you know if your tampons are part of the Kotex recall? "In rare cases, a retained foreign body, such a pieces of tampon, can lead to toxic shock syndrome," Dr. Gupta adds. Learn more about the cookies we use. Top Class U by Kotex AUSLAUFEND ""Fitness Compact"" duftenlos Supergre 31 Tampons | Health & Beauty, Health Care, Feminine Care | eBay! The pads were first created in 1921 and were made of wood pulp and gauze. In some areas, period products are not available at all. Top Class Actions is a legal news source Best for Heavy Flow: U by Kotex Click Compact Tampons For the highest level of absorbency, these super plus tampons expand comfortably to stop leaks in their tracks. Some states have implemented laws to limit access to these products, or to impose taxes on them. The company also announced improvements across its entire range of Kotex Ultra Thin and Thick pads. Often, hormonal changes due to birth control, pregnancy, or menopause can trigger it. 2023 . Each soaked normal-sized tampon or pad holds a teaspoon (5ml) of blood . The pads also boast wings and adhesive strips for added protection. Click Accept if you consent. U By Kotex Security Tampons Regular & Super Unscented 15 Count Discontinued Kotex is owned by the company Kimberly-Clark, a consumer goods company based in Dallas, Texas. This could be as a result of policies that have been enacted to reduce government spending, or due to a lack of prioritization of womens health and reproductive rights. Click to . The brand is also dedicated to advocating for and educating women about the importance of menstrual health and hygiene, offering information, support, and advice on the topic. Kotex Class Action Settlement - Tampons Only - This Family Saves A Warner Bros. Additionally, the brand is committed to providing informed health advice and resources for women, and encourages them to take charge of their bodies. Tampons - U by Kotex NZ U by Kotex.
Susan Glow Boulder, Articles A