Dont turn on the immersion blender until you have put at least 1 cup of milk or the potatoes will become gummy. bouillon granules. To make this potato soup recipe, simply: Cook the bacon. When the potatoes will be boiled, you can use a blender or a potato masher to homogenize the composition. All of the ingredients are freezer-safe! Peel and cut the potatoes into small cubes. Chop the onion and celery, peel and dice the potatoes. Cook, covered, on low until the vegetables are tender. Mix all ingredients together in a pot over medium-high heat. Sometimes I like to add celery, chopped ham or crisp crumbled bacon. Instagram|Facebook|Pinterest|YouTube|Twitter. Cook them for about 1 minute until you will notice a nice smell of garlic. 4-Ingredient Potato Soup: Easy Crockpot Recipe Recipe by Rachel Course: Dinner Cuisine: American Difficulty: Easy Servings 4 servings Prep time 10 minutes Cooking time 5 hours Calories 424 kcal Total time 5 hours 10 minutes A velvety smooth potato soup recipe that calls for just 4 main ingredients! Definitely a recipe to keep in rotation. It is much lower in fat and salt than the canned versions. Remove bacon, and set aside. Put the vegetable stock into a large pan, and bring to the boil. Instructions. Before we get into it I have two quick disclaimers: If youre more of a visual person, I made a reel for this3 Ingredient Potato Soup. Recipe: Baked Potato Soup This comforting soup is full of pantry staples that you already have on hand. Fill it with water, without covering the vegetables. Mix all the ingredients together in a large pot. I instant potted for 8 mins & then got a phone call resulting in slow release so perhaps potatoes overdone? For more information, see our privacy policy. Sprinkle over extra-virgin olive oil and freshly chopped parsley or other aromatic herbs you prefer. Press the saut button on the instant pot, add the bacon and saut for about 4 to 5 minutes. Once the potato chunks are falling apart, remove 1 cup of the cooking water. Its an easy, homemade soup with only 15 minutes of prep time. Your email address will not be published. Those simple recipes are great because you can easily substitute ingredients to make them exactly to your liking. nutritious ( Vitamin A 21%, Vitamin C 95%, Calcium 7%, Iron 13% RDV). % Robust Kitchen Cheap. This recipe caught my attention with only 3 ingredients. Of course you need to use water too but really it's just 3 main ingredients. For chicken stock or chicken broth based soups, this. I like it with crispy crumbled bacon and Fritos corn chips and sometimes I add a little cheese. ), Molten Chocolate Lava Cakes (In Muffin Tins), peeled, chopped, and rinsed (8-9 cups cup into 1-inch pieces), may need an additional cup to reach desired consistency, Chop potatoes and onions. My 3-ingredient potato soup is delicious, nutritious, simple to make, and is really frugal too! Seal and shake to coat. Ingredients 6 bacon strips, diced 3 cups cubed peeled potatoes 1 small carrot, grated 1/2 cup chopped onion 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes 1/2 teaspoon salt 1/2 teaspoon pepper 1/2 teaspoon celery seed 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour 3 cups 2% milk 8 ounces Velveeta, cubed Now, pour over the single cream, salt and pepper. I like the flavor they give but you may not. Once potatoes are falling apart, remove 1 cup of water. 21. Thanks, Mama, for letting me share this recipe. Turn down the heat, cover and simmer for 25 minutes (set a timer because you dont want to forget it like last time I made this recipe!). Husband asked me to make some tonight for supper! See the list of optional additions after the recipe directions and take your pick. Add a touch of salt and black pepper and that is all you need to make this easy 3 ingredient potato soup. Place the potatoes, onions, and celery in a saucepan. * Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. A delicious and versatile soup that will go with almost anything. Bring to a boil and let simmer. I stay busy raising four boys age 15 to 7. Scrub and dice the potatoes into small cubes. You can make it ahead and then take it with you to work in a thermos, or else warm it up in the microwave if your office has one. slow cooker. I made this again, but in the instant pot. This should take about 6-8 hours. 3 Ingredient Potato Soup Recipes | SparkRecipes Drain. It really makes our day! Try double or tripling the recipe, or adding extra ingredients like cheese or bacon if you wish. Ingredients: Ingredients: View Ingredients. Include others such as peas or corn. 07 of 30 Creamy Collard Green Soup with Bacony Croutons Greg Dupree; Food Styling: Torie Cox; Prop Styling: Ginny Branch Recipe: Creamy Collard Green Soup with Bacony Croutons Yukon gold potatoes or red potatoes will work as well, but the texture will be different. Best served with warm, crisp bread. I love making tasty hot soup on a cold winter day and this is one of the easiest to prepare. It may take several more hours to cook a double recipe in 1 slow cooker. For an extra texture, you can serve this soup with some croutons or garlic bread. You will love making this recipe because it doesnt require a lot of ingredients and a lot of prep work. Stir occasionally until soup is thickened (about 20 minutes). Add enough water to almost (but not quite) cover everything. Quick Note: I prefer a thicker consistency, but if you like more liquid soups, add a little more cream after blending. Remove the soup from the heat. Use a high-fat heavy cream to avoid separation of the composition. If you dont like the heavy cream because it is too fatty, you can replace it with light cream. All you need to make this are potatoes, onion and cream. Thank you for taking the time to share. No more bacon grease on the stovetop! Melt butter in the saucepan over medium heat, scraping the bottom of the pan with a flat-edged wooden spoon. Pure until smooth. I Made It Arrange potatoes in a single layer on a large baking sheet. I'm not that person. Make the soup. We are Danielle and Misty: a mom and daughter with a serious passion for seeking out the best recipes to serve again and again to those we love. 3 ingredient potato soup, or potato soup 3 ingredients, is just as straightforward as youd hope! Unfortunately, along with the limbs-that-feel-like-lead, a chest that feels as though a baby Xenomorph is about to burst forth, and a sore throat, I've been really dizzy too. 22. You can garnish the soup with a sprinkle of shredded cheese or some crumbled bacon, but even serving it plain is absolutely delicious. Bring to boil: Cover pot and bring to a boil over medium-high heat (it will take about 10 minutes to reach a boil). Enjoy! I have been known for planning trips specifically to hit the roller coasters! It might be a little too simple for some tastes though. It should be super soft! Add the rest of the ingredients to the saucepan. Reduce heat and simmer, stirring often, until flavors combine, about 10 minutes. Thanks again for taking the time to let us know. In the same stockpot, add 3 pounds of peeled and diced russet potatoes then add enough water to cover the potatoes with about an inch of excess wate r. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to a simmer and cook for about 15 minutes or until the potatoes are fork tender. 3 Ingredient Potato Soup Recipe | Easy + Cheap Before serving, you can sprinkle it with a little bit of olive oil and fresh chopped herbs. Just store in an air tight container in the freezer. You truly cant go wrong with this Easy Potato Soup Recipe. Thanks for taking the time to let us know. Required fields are marked *. Once it's boiling, reduce heat and let it simmer until it begins to thicken. To test, stab a potato cube with a fork. In our opinion the best potato soup recipe has minimal ingredients and is served with a smooth texture free of potato chunks. Because I cannot leave well enough alone, I also added half a bell pepper. That's it! 3 INGREDIENT POTATO SOUP. 3-Ingredient Potato Leek Soup Recipe on Food52 Chop potatoes and onions. Healthy 4-Ingredient Potato Soup: Crockpot Recipe - Ginger Divine Be careful not to blend the potatoes too much because you risk getting a sticky texture. 3 ingredient potato soup made only from potatoes, cream and garlic. Tag @borrowedbites or hashtag #borrowedbites to show us your food! A sprinkling of chives is also good, and you might also like to consider a little garlic in there, but only a little so as not to overpower the other flavors in the soup. (The soup will continue to thicken as it cools). Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer and simmer for 12-18 minutes, depending on how small you cut the potatoes. Once it reaches a boil reduce heat to medium and continue to cook about 15 - 20 minutes longer until potatoes are very soft when pierced with a fork. 3-Ingredient Easy Potato Soup Recipe - A Mom's Take Serve it with a piece of crusty bread for a complete and fulfilling meal that your whole family will enjoy. *Note* For my bouillon cubes, 1/2 cube = 1 tsp. 4-Ingredient Potato Soup - Insanely Good Serve as is or with the optional toppings. Wait that joke only works when talking out loud and looks really confusing in writing. I think I'll stick with the original recipe posted here. You will get a creamy and hearty potato soup in no time. Did you make this recipe? Chicken and Potato Soup. Your email address will not be published. Lentil-Sweet Potato Soup with Spinach and Sage This lentil-sweet potato soup is an all-weather, all-season Mediterranean diet and Greek diet adaptation of the many traditional lentil soups recipes around Greece. See the section below on tips for serving a crowd. Copyright 2021 makenzie bramlett | photos by makenzie's memories. But, I sure do make it a ton, Place in a pot and cover with chicken stock (*note: having more than enough chicken stock is better than not enough, but use your best judgement), Boil the potatoes in the chicken stock until the potatoes are fork tender, Bring your heat to low, and use a potato masher or a fork to mash the cubes down, Add 1-2 cups of heavy whipping cream (*this will depend on your desired thickness, and how much stock is left), Simmer on medium/low until you reach desired consistency, BONUS: Top your soup with bacon and cheese. Serve while it's hot, sprinkled with a little olive oil and freshly chopped aromatic herbs. So easy, inexpensive, and you can keep the ingredients stocked for whenever you need a quick meal. Ive tried quite a few Potato Soup Recipes, and this one is by far my favorite. Once potatoes are soft add thickened milk mixture to potato soup mixture and stir (potatoes should start breaking down into soup). Feel free to add additional fresh or frozen vegetables or meat. The texture won't be exactly the same, but it will still be a delicious bowl of soup. Serve warm and top with fresh chives. Published February 8, 2016. When you will feel this pleasant smell of fried garlic, add the potatoes over it. ** Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. PRO TIP: Cutting the potatoes into uniform pieces of similar size is important so they cook evenly. One of my sweet followers, Shirley Pelkey, shared a simple recipe for Potato Soup. I can't believe this is only four ingredients.It tastes hearty & healthy. Mix well all the ingredients, cover with a lid and let everything boil over low heat. 35 Easy Potato Soup Recipes with Few Ingredients If it goes right in without resistance, they're ready. If you use a manual potato masher, you will be sure that you will not make a mistake with the texture. Serve hot. The best way to heat potato soup in on the stovetop thinning with a little more milk as needed. Measurements in parenthesis are approximate; it is beyond the scope of yumsome to be able to provide pinpoint-accurate ingredient quantities for every type of measuring utensil. Im the owner and lead blogger here at A Moms Take. Potato Soup Ingredients: 1 bag (32 ounces) frozen diced hash browns 1 can (10.5 ounces) cream of chicken soup 2 cans (14 ounces each) chicken broth 1/2 cup diced onion 1 block (8 ounces) cream cheese Salt and pepper to taste Directions for Easy Potato Soup with Frozen Hash Browns: Combine all ingredients in your slow cooker. Enjoy! Copyright 2023 GoCooYummy Stories Contact Us Privacy Policy. *Try substituting heavy cream or half and half for the sour cream. Cook this mixture for 1-3 minutes, stirring constantly. I love to eat it with a fresh roll, but my kids prefer putting in Oyster Crackers. Easy Potato Soup (3 ingredients!) Opt for varieties that are rich in starch for a fluffier texture. Potatoes: The best potatoes to use when making potato soup are russet potatoes. Add celery, onion, carrots, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper; cook and stir until tender, about 10 minutes. Add the diced potatoes and cook until tender, about 15 to 20 minutes, add sour cream or yogurt and chili powder or cayenne, puree with immersion blender, and adjust seasoning to taste. Once the soup is smooth, continue warming over medium heat until hot. Simplifying your meals and grocery list not only helps with the budget, but cuts back on frustration and wasted mental space too. In a slow cooker, combine potatoes, chicken broth, soup, onion, and pepper. 5 from 2 votes Print Ratings: 2 Category: Dinner, Main Course, Soups Cuisine: American Continue preparing according to the slow cooker instructions. I'm really not very good at doing nothing. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Please see my privacy statement for more information. The beauty of slow-cooker soups is that you can dump most of the ingredients together and go about your day. 3 ingredient potato soup made only from potatoes, cream and garlic. Easy Air Fryer Chicken Meatballs From Scratch, Air Fryer Hash Browns Patties From Scratch, Homemade Breakfast Air Fryer Sausage Patties. Powered by the ESHA Research Database 2018, ESHA Research, Inc. All Rights Reserved, russet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes. The BEST Potato Soup! | Gimme Some Oven In a deep saucepan, fry a little bit the onions in olive oil to flavor the oil. How to Make 3-Ingredient Easy Potato Soup Step 1: Mix all the ingredients together in a large pot. Place potatoes into a large pot and cover with water; bring to a boil. Add additional milk if necessary. Boil potatoes until fork tender. Simple Vegetarian Potato Soup recipe | Eat Smarter USA It's life changing! Bake for 20-25 minutes until potatoes are browned and easily pierced with a fork. However, with just a few additions you can transform this unbelievably easy potato soup into an even heartier (but still unbelievably easy) loaded baked potato soup. All nutrition information is provided by a third party and is an estimate only. Easy Potato Soup Recipe - Bowl Me Over - Easy Soup, Stew, Salad & Pasta As a guideline however, I make the assumption that: Your email address will not be published. (The soup will continue to thicken as it cools). I serve this creamy soup with a simple roll or salad when I am in a time crunch or have very little on hand. All Maybe the sensible person would say, "Y'know what? Use extra milk as needed to thin to correct consistency. Add the toppings and its perfect. Salt and black pepper (add at the end, to taste), 1 1/2 cups chopped celery (add at the start), Chopped cooked ham or bacon (add near the end if using). 3 INGREDIENT POTATO SOUP - Mama Sue's Kitchen Q: Can I substitute other frozen potato products, like hashbrowns? We arent promising this is the most gourmet soup youll ever eat, but we can promise its DELLISH!! I'm here to share my journey, the lessons I've learned (slash am learning), and the systems I use, all with the hope that it may inspire you, too. Required fields are marked *. All you need to make this healthy soup is 1 medium onion, 1 sweet potato and 1 large red pepper or roughly 1 cup of each. 1 tablespoons garlic salt cup butter Directions Place potatoes into a large pot and add enough water to cover; bring to a boil and cook until tender, 15 to 20 minutes. Add the veggie broth and increase the heat to high. Can you believe it? I have to give credit where its due. Leave the work, and just sleep.". Its right below homemade chicken broth. Its easy, cheap, and delicious! Ladle soup into serving bowls, top each serving with bacon or ham, cheddar cheese and green onions. Yes, how you shop and cook IS related to living your dream life Isnt everything?! Keep an eye on your inbox for updates. Storytelling - Adriel. Awesome recipe to serve to a crowd of people! Wash and cut potatoes into small cubes of similar size. Adjust the density of the soup with cream at the end. Cook on low heat until the potatoes will be cooked. Potato soup can be made several hours in advance, but will thicken as it sits. Tag me on Instagram if you make this recipe! Otherwise, those original four pure ingredients make for a big "thank you" from your tummy. Level up your experience even more with these air fryer accessories! Use tab to navigate through the menu items. Easy Potato Soup Recipe (30 Minutes!) from The Food Charlatan I tried this recipe last week and my husband loved it. Amount is based on available nutrient data. Note that the soup will thicken as it rests so if you happen to have left overs you can thin with a little water or milk). Replies to my comments Cook on medium-high heat until the potatoes are falling apart. I dont really know what Im doing. This Easy 4-Ingredient Potato Soup transforms pantry basics into a creamy, comforting bowl of goodness in the slow cooker or on the stovetop. Sprinkle in flour; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Not only are there just a few ingredients, it is the easiest recipe ever! Updated: Nov 13, 2021. I am not a food blogger. It's such a creamy, hearty, comforting soup. If you want more of a chunky soup or don't have an immersion blender on hand, feel free to use a potato masher. Last Modified: Jan 11, 23. Be careful not to overcook. 3 Ingredient Oven Roasted Potatoes - Creme De La Crumb I love this recipe! The Only 3 Ingredients You Need: 3-4 Large Potatoes Chicken Stock Heavy Whipping Cream Bonus (optional) Ingredients: Salt and pepper Cheese Bacon Instructions for the Easiest Potato Soup: Wash, peel, and cube your potatoes For the Corned Beef and Cabbage Topping, grate or shred cheese. Add the cream cheese and cook 30 minutes or until cream cheese is melted, stirring occasionally, until combined. This recipe shows you how to blend the ingredients to make the finished soup. This post may contain affiliate links. Simmer until the potatoes are cooked through and the soup is thickened, stirring occasionally, about 13-15 minutes. Add a Pinch: "Grandmother's Potato Soup Recipe" - This soup was wicked simple and very tasty for how many ingredients it has. I'm running this blog with my husband, Alex, where we share our family recipes that actually work. Once potatoes are falling apart, remove 1 cup of water. This fall/winter warmer of a dish is truly delicious and there are several optional add-ins you might want to consider. Garnish with a pat of butter if desired. Bake the bacon in the oven, microwave it, or fry it on the stove top while you prep the potatoes. However, when I want to earn real mom points I serve it with these BELT sandwiches its a BLT + a fried egg. You will get a creamy and hearty potato soup in no time. Want to go the extra mile? Add cooked sausage (ground or slices of kielbasa) to the soup. Melt the butter in the pot then add the onions and saut until translucent. For those who wouldn't like the peppers and onions in the bag of potatoes just get the plain ones. It is also such a delicious option. Bring to a boil and let simmer. Thin with milk to the consistency you prefer. Cook on high for 3-4 hours or low for 6-8 hours. One of my favorite comfort foods is a great creamyeasy Potato Soup. The 3 ingredients in this low calorie soup. Loaded Baked Potato Soup: Use salty bacon, cheddar cheese, chives and a dollop of sour cream for a fully loaded potato flavor. This 3-ingredient potato soup is a great hearty soup recipe that will require you minimum ingredients and is very easy to make. Click here to add your own private notes. Add bacon, cheese, and green onions to make it taste like a loaded baked potato or serve as is for a classic soup everyone will love. You can also subscribe without commenting. For example, if you dont like the garlic taste, you can replace the garlic with onions, shredded bacon, or leek. Cover pot and bring to a boil over medium-high heat (it will take about 10 minutes to reach a boil). 3-Ingredient Potato Soup Amount Per Serving Calories 255 Calories from Fat 9 % Daily Value* Fat 1g 2% Saturated Fat 1g 5% Sodium 1328mg 55% Carbohydrates 58g 19% Fiber 7g 28% Sugar 11g 12% Protein 7g 14% * Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
Cisco Caesar Salad Dressing, How To Reply To Happy Teachers Day, What Your Favorite Romance Trope Says About You, Alaska Wildlife Conservation Center Sarah, Articles OTHER